Fortnite Early 4 Day Start Begins Today

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Atrayo, Jul 21, 2017.

1. 2_islands

2_islands Dark side ... Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Frustrating experience. No feedback. Reading forums, I don't expect any feedback. My son wants me to keep trying, so I do. I did read the text as I purchased the game. Expecting it to work doesn't meet the terms and conditions. You are warned that it is full of bugs and in development.

Edit: I tried logging in on my sons PC as his game is working. Same issue. Bug in code I'm thinking.

Edit: I got a reply from support: https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads/fortnite-early-4-day-start-begins-today.649547/page-4#post-4466983 (Fortnite Early 4 Day Start Begins Today)

Edit: solution: https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads/fortnite-early-4-day-start-begins-today.649547/page-4#post-4467123 (Fortnite Early 4 Day Start Begins Today)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. LostSoul

LostSoul Getting Started

That is bad news. I have visited their forums also and I think there were posts there of players receiving refunds for silly reasons. They found the game to be boring etc.. I guess the help you receive depends on who you contact .

2_islands likes this.
  3. 2_islands

I've not sought a refund. I will continue to see if I can get the game to work as my son really wants me to play. The game does look like fun. Fingers crossed. The game is being developed, there are patches, and they intend on releasing the game F2P sometime this year. This has been reported as a bug by many so they may actually fix it, one day.

Hey, I have a Star Citizen account. This experience here doesn't come close to the cost and watching the development of that SC.

4. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Bugger me - that sounds aweful. Me and my mate (and his sons) didn't have any of these issues last year. Sounds like they have neglected the starting scenario :(

Edit: I don't think Epic knows that this is a bug. They have their Trello board and it shows nothing of this story bug that is affecting you - https://trello.com/b/Bs7hgkma/fortnite-community-issues (Trello)

I would try to raise a bug on their systems. The Trello board has a link to submitting bugs.

Hope you resolve it mate!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    2_islands and Avoozl like this.
  5. la+zy

la+zy Getting Started

Sorry to hear that, Islands. For two months I couldn't join a game via my fixed Internode NBN connection. I got so frustrated that I set up FailedToLockProfile.com. It came good a few weeks back, but I have no idea why. Yay for me, sucks for others.

You can try posting on the Epic forums, but I'm told the best approach is to start a Reddit post.

Good luck X-/

2_islands likes this.
  6. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hi Guys,

Just an update both of my Founders Save the World Pve Friend Codes have been redeemed. I recently handed over my 2nd available code to a TOGer that requested it. The other went to a Battle Royale buddy that played the game for a few months. The codes each had a $40 US value only for the standard game itself.

7. 2_islands

8. 2_islands

Well I got a reply from support:

Edit: solution: https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads/fortnite-early-4-day-start-begins-today.649547/page-4#post-4467123 (Fortnite Early 4 Day Start Begins Today)

9. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Sorry to hear :(

Option 1: Make a video showing the loop that you are stuck in and post it to reddit and their forums. If you are able... maybe add a few 'wtf?!?!' to the video on every iteration of the loop.

Option 2: Request a refund due to your unresolved issue. And then rebuy it with a new account and cross fingers you don't get into the same loop.

So new patch... and these changes in BR are kinda massive...

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/patch-notes/v5-10 (v5.10 Patch Notes)

Should make it a bit easier for 'non-builders' to compete.

10. 2_islands

Good news. I found a solution. Today, my password manager offered Premium users free VPN with unlimited data & devices (only one connected at a time). I thought I'd give it a try. Very easy to use. I love my password manager.

Anyhow, I ran the VPN, loaded up Save the World, and for some reason, the game now works perfectly. YAY. Very happy.

Thanks to my password manager developers; Dashlane.

RnR likes this.
  11. LostSoul

LostSoul Getting Started

Congrats and welcome to STW!

2_islands likes this.
  12. 2_islands

I’m enjoying Save the World. Battle Royale is a very basic concept whilst Save the World expands on so many elements; crafting, building, team work.

13. 2_islands

The problem I discussed above randomly persists for my son and I. Solution each time is turn on the VPN briefly and all is well with game. I’m not sure why this issue occurs or why the VPN saves the day.