Fury???

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by zero, Oct 23, 2007.

1. zero

zero Active Member

Anyone playing Fury? If so what server? And do we have a guild? Not sure if I want to purchase it or not...

2. Wayah

Wayah Active Member

I'm thinking of getting the game. Anyone else playing it yet? Thoughts on the gameplay?

3. zero

zero Active Member

I actually bought it... and uh, its not so great from first impressions. Feels like pointless laggy button mashing to me. Dunno, I may need to give it a bit more time and get some more abilities/items etc, and try out the team-based matches.

I actually had the beta installed but never got around to playing it. I probably should have :p

But we'll see, it may turn out to be decent.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
  4. Wayah

Wayah Active Member

Which server are you on, and what name are you using there?

5. micko

micko Just Joined

i played in the beta... didnt like it thatmuch it got boring very quickly but they made some major changes since i played it so it could be better

6. Syanara

Syanara Well-Known Member

I'm playing it, and I really like it. It's not a normal MMO. It's sort of a combination between a FPS and an MMO, in that the classes are more mmo'ish than FPSish in abilities.

My chars name is Syanara, and I can't remember the server name..lol!! There was only one available when I started.

The character abilities are very interesting. It has a great dynamic between chars. I think they've worked very hard on game balance.

You only have one character, and that character can have different incarnations. So for example, you may start of with a character like a WOW mage, but if you are sick of that, you create a new incarnation, and use all the Warrior abilities. Or you can mix and match. You will still have to work at buying up new abilities in a different line, but you can play your mage, buying warrior abilities, and slowly introducing them until you are playing a combo of the two or just purely a warrior. Eventually you could end up with every ability in every line.

In a way, you can be playing your character as a mage, while actually leveling up your warrior abilities. Imagine in wow, if everytime you played your level 70, you level 10 was getting xp and leveling up. Kind of like that.

There is no pve. I think this is a shame, because it is pve that helps people learn the game, gives people a break, let's them hang out, chat and do general things in a game.

So it's fast PVP, fun to play. I wouldn't play all the time, since that's not really the goal of the game. They've got the basic fighting and game balance sorted out. If the content can keep up, then I reckon it will end up a good game.!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  7. Bloodwrych

Bloodwrych Retired Moderator

I have it....but have only given it little more then a cursory inspection so far...loading seems slow sometimes on my system...although i like the fact i can run it smoothly with all settings maxed. Looks nice.

8. Wayah

Wayah Active Member

I ended up getting the game and created a character called
    Haars.

Have not played much as yet, but I think it could be something I can play when I have 30 mins to play.

Liking it so far. Really have to work on my skill choice though, my build is all over the place at the moment.

9. Scratch

Scratch Getting Started

I have it and I'm having a ball. It's unfortunate that the game got such bad reviews but that's most likely because it's aimed at a niche of which most reviewers are not a part.

I wrote a mini review here: AOB :: View topic - Fury: My Mini review

which you may find interesting.

I'm in game as Eddie, and there's only one "server" at the moment, so if you sign up we'll all be on the same one. I'm still playing around with archetypes in bloodbath but will be interested in moving up to 4v4 matches if there are enough ToG'ers playing in the near future.

10. Satine

Satine Getting Started

Hi.

I tested the trial and thinking of continuing since it is something about it that makes me play it every night so far...

Do you guys have some relaxed clan?
    Although, being relaxed and playing this game doesnt really fit.

Love
    La Satine

My avatar in Fury is "Laa".