Gamers and Dual monitors study

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Priest, Feb 17, 2004.

1. Priest

Priest Getting Started

Gday guys,

My friend Minh is conducting a study on the effects of dual monitors on gaming performance. Ive pasted the details below. In short, he's looking for Melbourne people to play Counterstrike 2 vs 2, or Warcraft III 2 vs 2 for an hour or two in a laboratory. Sometimes you will be able to see through your team-mates eyes via a second monitor, sometimes you will not. Your facial expressions and verbal communications will be recorded via labcam and microphone. Thought id let you know on the off chance you might be interested.

Cheers,
    Ripskrieg.

Multiplayer Computer Game Study

I am conducting a project investigating the use of dual monitors in multiplayer computer games. I am seeking participants to be involved in this amusing project. Participants will take part in a usability experiment playing one multiplayer computer game (Counter-Strike 1.5 or WarCraft III) with the support of dual monitors. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

The experiment will be held in Swinburne Usability Lab on the Hawthorn Campus. The only requirement for participating in this study is that you have been playing a similar type of game for at least 6 months.

If you are interested in taking part in this exciting study or have any questions, please feel free to contact Minh on 0412 919836 or mtran@it.swin.edu.au

Minh Hong Tran
    Ph.D. Candidate
    Swinburne University of Technology
    Email: mtran@it.swin.edu.au
    Tel: 9214 4397 –– 0412 919836