Gaming and Relationships

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Ned, Oct 13, 2003.

1. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

Here...here...Tyberion that is the truth.

I'll post my situation but it might make some of you a bit jelous :lol:

I meet my (future wife ) in high school and we had a off again on again relashionship. I have always been a big gamer and she knew this from when she first met me. We finnally decided to get married in april of 02' and things have been great.

I realizes after many years of evercrack, playing all day and night that I really wanted more in my life than just a computer game.....I know...I know your thinking how could I say that :eek: Well I found the perfect balance, I have a wife who I love more than anything in the world (no kids yet but belive me the pressure is getting really really high) and after about a 2 and a half year hiadus from on-line games I felt that I wanted to try them out again especially with the realese of SWG!! She was a little hesitant at first becuse she knew how addicted to everquest I was, but I'll never forget what she said to me when I told her that I wanted to start playing again....." If it makes you happy, then I want you to play" This just gives you a little insight to the kind of woman my wife is. She puts everyone and everything before herself and I'm a very lucky man. I'm thankful everyday I have her :oops: (blush)

look at me going and getting all sentamental but anyway there was a time when she said she would never own a computer and thought she would ever like one. Well good news guys I'm rubbing off on her. Shes become pretty computer literate, and she is slowly becoming a gamer :lol: currently she is addicted to Diablo II and I'm slowly but surely trying to get her to launch into SWG but she says its just to complicated for her, she says she gets confused just watching me play heheh.

But here is my two cents--Always take a chance on things in life you never know what will happen. Its better to experience bad or good then to not experience them at all. I mean I have a house, a wonderful wife, 2 dogs and a ranch. And I pretty much allowd to game whenever I want too. I like what I have now...a wife and a game...belive me its better than just the game-------------Inite

2. Fizzlewick

Fizzlewick Getting Started

ahhh evercrack.

I still have an active account on EQ Cazic-thule. Is anyone esle still playing EQ?

Tyberion

3. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

I'm not still playing it, but my account is still active, but I'm not on that server....dont remember what server it is, but I know it isn't that one :)

4. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

yeah I cancelled my acount long ago and probally wont go back to EQ unless EQ II can somehow take my grasp off of SWG but I doubt thats likely to happen---------Inite

5. Yashean

Yashean Getting Started

Gaming and Reletionships

I had a friend who whinned about being a gaming widow. I told her if she really wanted his attention gingerly take a seat in his lap minus the clothes :oops: . If that didn't get his attention, gaming was not the problem. Honestly though, I don't know that I would get invloved with someone who didn't game, this is my relaxation. Playing side by side is a blast too, as Myror and I found out in our EQ days.

Yashean

6. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Well-Known Member

Yer, TLO does that to me. She models next to the door naked.

I mean, I can take a hint as well as the next man. Problem is, she makes me turn off the PC first :)

7. Lapsiek

Lapsiek Getting Started

My wife has learnt how to pick the lock to my computerroom .. .. ..

8. Iko

Iko Getting Started

When I'm in the zone with my computer, nothing will distract me. Nothing.

("I'm naked! No clothes!" is a frequent quotable in our household.)

9. mangrovejane

mangrovejane Active Member

As the computer widow, I felt obliged to join TOG and reply to this post. You know hell hath no fury like a mangrovejane scorned :wink: My husband fixed (well mostly) my computer jealousy by buying me my own laptop (very quickly) when I mentioned that it might be nice to have one as a mobile office, and then proceeded to get me every SIMS game possible. My own game addiction only fed itself out when after installing SIM superstar, the game promptly crashed.
    There are still days though when I have seriously considered unplugging every one of the million wires that substitute as an umbilical cord for the other woman (i.e. the computer), packing it neatly into the car and tossing it off the highest point of the gateway bridge, laughing maniacally all the way :D Maybe tommorrow.....

10. badg3er

badg3er Getting Started

Peoples Republic of Beattieland; Gulag of Everton
    Mrs Badg3er isnt too bad when it comes to my gaming..... as far as she is concerned she gets enough of computers working in front of one for day job.

I have however got her somewhat interested in my habit Via Folding@Home -- and that cancels out some of the negatives.

Her big gripe was in my Tribes2 gen defence days me screaming out thing on TS like

"I AM BEING RAPED"

"arrggghh I JUST got SMASHFUCKED GUYS"

lots of "WTF!@"

the raped thing was what really got her..... and the neighbours :oops:

11. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

OT: Hey Badg3er.. you're not on OCAU as well, are you mate?

12. Bulgroz

Bulgroz Well-Known Member

I found that advance warning usually does the trick (as in "I'll have a 2 hour prac on friday at 9 and a game on sunday at 5"), plus trading time like taking care of the baby for 2 hours when she wants to go shopping/meeting friends.
    That, and playing during her favourite TV programs - I used to ruin all the romantics moments (in the shows...) with some bad joke, so she's quite pleased if I'm not around during these hours ... :)

13. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hehe, I use the same technique as Bulgroz - and Mrs Cailith is very pleased that I'm not available to make similar smartarse remarks during her favourite shows :)

14. phantom

phantom Getting Started

:lol: lol thank God i am not the only one here, i thought i was all alone. I then found this & had a good laugh. Now i feel better as Mrs phantom was wearing me down, almost had me feeling guilty she did, the eve's need painting the lawns need mowing the fences need fixed she said. Now come on fairs fair here, Rome was not built in a day the gaming keeps me feeling young i tell her 'oh well but i suppose i need to find a balance here but its hard. :wink:

15. badg3er

badg3er Getting Started

Peoples Republic of Beattieland; Gulag of Everton
    yorp! rarely post in anytrhing other than the DC forum tho.... like GA - too many tards

16. Jello63

Jello63 Well-Known Member

Jervis Bay N.S.W: TOG Sponsor: XFire-jello63. Fox'
    I got in trouble for the first time the other night. Mrs Jello is very understanding, good woman & I help out a lot with housework & the kids, but with my extra duties as Div captain I've been on a fair bit. so she scowled at me when I sat infront of my monitor, she didn't say a word. I got up & helped with dinner & some other chores, then with a smile she said "Now you've got the rest of the night to yourself, go & play with your little friends" :lol:

17. SnakeTails

SnakeTails Well-Known Member

Mate, can I just ask,....

does the tattoo'ing of the thumb print on the forehead hurt ?

18. Jello63

Jello63 Well-Known Member

Jervis Bay N.S.W: TOG Sponsor: XFire-jello63. Fox'
    Only when she uses a ballpein hammer!

19. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Thats nice of her. A lot easier on you then a pick axe :twisted: and those are nasty when they hit you from behind.