gaming ladder & competition

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by alpha, Aug 7, 2003.

1. alpha

alpha Just Joined

My mates and l have been coding this ladder for a while now and we are now not 100% sure of what we will do with it.
    http://gaming.ausitech.com/
    We have been working after hours for most of this year to build and debug the Gaming Ladder site.

Our experience with TWL lead us to create an all Australian Gaming Ladder that is for the use of Oceania countries.

New services include;
    1. The Ladder.
    2. Interactive File Sharing: were members upload new game files to the website. These are cleared for sharing by administrators(beta).
    3. Online Gaming Status that tells you what server and game the member is playing (UD).
    4. Software coding mentoring.

The Gaming Ladder service is run by selected administrators in the gaming community and supported by Ausitech who has provided all code for the website, hosting, project management, and other finical support.

The Ladder was coded from scratch and has cost Ausitech in the order of 300 hours of coding time and 60 hours of beta testing. Besides the small marketing benefit for Ausitech there is no direct finical benefit related to this website. A consequence of Ausitech moving away from traditional website design and moving more to the software development side of the internet, we are no longer considering paying for game server servers for our upcoming competitions. For the Ausitech Gaming Competition we are putting up 400 dollars in prices for each ladder winner, providing administrators/referees, private access to the Ladder and competition management, all for free.

As you would assume CS is very popular and is apparent in the ladder:- http://gaming.ausitech.com/ladder.asp?game_selected=Counter-Strike

At present we have 323 members and 85 teams and have had over 222,438 hits over the last month.

We have decided to try and: -

1. Align the gaming ladder with a company that provides the ladder teams with game servers, or
    2. Align with a data centre where we provide the hardware, or

I should mention that the Ladder is coded in ASP, with all administration and related code programmed in ASP .NET. All logins are encrypted and are stored in a MSSQL database with a separate SSL encrypted login for the administration of the website (bit excessive :p).

If any of you guys want a ladder for a game please contact me Jeff@ausitech.com or refer to the contacts page on the ladder website. I am on MSN, ICQ and IRC.

We would really like to see more ladders being used otherthan CS and tribes 1

Our main issue is that Ausitech is not willing to provide game servers. This is an issue we are currently addressing.

cheers

Jeff aka Alpha apologies for the long post.

2. RedMan

RedMan Retired Advisor

Registered, but wouldn't let me log in :cry:

3. alpha

alpha Just Joined

Redman, l just made a dumbing account and successfully logged in. Your account is correct. Are you still having problems. I am happy to reset your account for you.

cheers

alpha

4. RedMan

RedMan Retired Advisor

I clicked on that link, took me to the main window I believe.
    I can forward the email onto you if you like.

Clicked on it twice.

I also emailed support about it. :)

[edit : still don't work, there is a small chance I somehow screwed up my password :? I just put me name in, password, click login (and tested enter as well), and I just end up at the same screen with those fields blank again. ]

5. alpha

alpha Just Joined

nps bro,

i am onto it....
    >_< ur account looks good to me. I will get a tech guy onto it ASAP. You will get an email back tonight. Soz about the delay.

http://gaming.ausitech.com/index.asp

6. alpha

alpha Just Joined

I can't read your password as they are all encryted @_@

So l will upload the link tonight to generate a random password if you have forgotten your password. :p

Once you have succefully logged in you can click on profile and change it.

7. G-B-H

G-B-H Getting Started

Might need to check you cookies setting redman as I had that problem once where it was set to high etc. In the Privacy settings in
    Tools-> Internet Options->...try medium setting.

8. RedMan

RedMan Retired Advisor

ok-dokey, will try at home tonight. But tis a warning for Alpha anyway if that is the issue, cuase auto login etc for TOG works fine.
    If I get more info I'll sent it to support Alpha :)

9. alpha

alpha Just Joined

thxs bro... l have not had a cookie problem with this site before. You might be right :p

Either way l need to upload the forgotten password cide anywaz..

cheers

alpha

10. alpha

alpha Just Joined

U should have recieved an email with a new password.

hope it is all good bro

add me to ur msn if u have any other issues..

jeff@ausitech.com

11. alpha

alpha Just Joined

search for some new players to take you on in C & C gene

Redman,
    l am on a search for some new players to take you on in C & C generals on the ladder.

@_@

You look lonely there....

to be released..
    should be done this week.
    only thing u need to do for it is get me a news page as l don't play it well l aint any good at it ...

also your rts ladder link on the right doesn't work :p

anyone else that wants to run a ladder just post here.... l will sort u out...