[DONE] G'day

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Flashman440, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Flashman440

Flashman440 Getting Started

Hello everyone!
    Flashman440 is the handle I took on when I started gaming and that was it. Sir Harry Paget Flashman was the bully in Tom Browns school days and was the antihero in a series of novels by George McDonald Fraser.
    He is a flawed soldier, a scoundrel and a coward so I liked how it fitted caus I was a crap player and if I did any good it was more luck than skill. (only an average player now but enjoy playing and improving) The 440 is from the 440 Chrysler engine used in the Jensen Interceptor car which I lusted after for a bit.

I am interested in FPS games mostly, BF4, Insurgency, but lately CSGO which is the reason you find me here. I started playing CSGO to improve my aim and general game sense and have got a bit hooked on it. I have been taking it a bit more seriously and seeing as friends I played BF4 with are not interested in it, I have been solo queing competitive. Some games are great but some are not; and tonight I got stuck with a greifer and it was the tipping point.
    I have played against TOG members in BF3 and 4 and have admired the way the guys played together and also was impressed by the numbers that would be there most nights. I hope I should be able to find someone near my level or willing to play with a gold nova skrub so I can try and improve my game. My steam and origin name are Flashman440.

As a child of the 60's - 70's I remember having some tennis game that you played on the TV, I think people call it pong or as an arcade game it was called pong. Total crap really but the first electronic game I ever played. I loved Galager and Asteroids and would go down to AP's in Fremantle with my spare change to play after school. I have played a couple of simulator games WW1 and WW11 aircraft but only started online gaming three or four years back. I was a member of a clan but everyone has sort of gone their own way with the poor launch of BF4 so I only keep in touch with a few of the guys.
    Born a Sandgroper (West Australian) and still living in the Perth area, diesel mechanic by trade and passing it on as a technical trainer. Married with a couple of kids. Thats Me, I play a couple of nights during the week and have a couple of decent sessions on the weekend most weeks.

2. Vixen

Vixen Retired Captain

Hey Flashman440

A Mod/Admin will be along shortly to process your application. When you're approved you'll get access to all the forums, jump on down to the Counter Strike Division and be sure to read the New Members Sticky, it'll give you all the info you need. :)

We're of all different skill levels so I'm sure you'll have no problem finding people to queue with for some MM's, and there's always the TOG servers to hone your skills in. :D

3. Flashman440

Flashman440 Getting Started

Cheers for the welcome Vixen, I'll make the new members sticky my first stop once I'm sorted.

4. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Brains Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved.:)

You now have member access to all aspects of TOG including:

• All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game and communications servers
    Your membership also allows you to participate in various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

No matter which game or games you are playing, the heart and soul of TOG lies here in the Lounge. Feel free to drop by say hello, join the discussions or simply lurk.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions that you can join. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to.

Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself! :D