News Get Destiny 2 for FREE!

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Game Applications' started by Dolnor, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

https://www.bluesnews.com/s/194837/get-destiny-2-for-free (Get Destiny 2 for Free - Blue's News Story)

I won't be getting it. They require that I give them my cell phone number as a secondary protection protocol. I don't give my cell phone number out to anyone other than whom I work for, friends, and family.

I've had my cell phone spammed soooo much in the past, my provider wanted to charge me an extra $100 from the spam texts in one month. I changed providers and phone numbers...problem solved.

Here is their requirement to get the free game:
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/ar...topwebnews&utm_medium=internal&utm_content=-1

TQQdles™

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    2_islands likes this.
  2. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

As a player from Launch I recommend this game, and getting the base game for $0 is great, get in while it lasts and if you have any questions or are looking to play with someone.

In regards to the phone number that is only for people who do not have existing Battle.Net accounts (so if you ever played WoW or Diablo online then you already have one), I'm guessing its to stop people getting multiple free copies to do dodgy things with like experiment with cheats etc.
    You should not worry about Blizzard giving out your number they are pretty solid company.

2_islands likes this.
  3. 2_islands

2_islands Dark side ... Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Downloaded game via Blizzard for FREE. YAY. Now to find time to take a look.

4. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

Goes faster with 1 or 2 fire team members