Global Agenda FTP April 2011

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by Aldmw, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Aldmw

Aldmw Active Member

HZ-Global Agenda to Adopt Free-to-Play Model

It was buy to play, but now instead of a limited trial its completely free. With the change to ftp, its getting an update with a new raid, new pvp mode and class skill tree changes. Its not the greatest shooter out there, but it is quite fun to play. I wonder if this change is because of the upcoming ftp APB:Reloaded?
    YouTube - Global Agenda - Hell Yeah!

For those who already own the game, you get upgraded to the Elite agent status.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2011
  2. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hi There,

Usually when an MMO developer / publisher switches out of a game subscription model or some variant like Hi-Rez Studios was doing. To a FTP business model instead it means they weren't hitting the subscriber numbers they wanted. So to regain there ROI (Return of Investment) the F2P / FTP model will be implemented to stay afloat.

As SOE gets closer to "Planetside Next" MMOFPS project in beta and eventual release. It's going to suck the air out of the room for Global Agenda and other games like it.

3. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Fully paid up member here. Love the game. Its awesome fun. I'll probably go back to sniff out the changes once they have been released. Still waiting for the west coast servers to lower the ping below 200ms.

As for the f2p model, it can work. Look at lotro. I heard that the boosters in GA did really well.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  4. papagamer

papagamer Just Joined

Is the community still growing? Does anyone know?

5. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

No idea papa - the forums seem still to be quite active. I'm waiting for the West coast pacific rim servers to appear before trying it out again. I did manage to get a few toons up to 40+ levels even with the 240ms ping. The game play is fun.

6. Aldmw

Aldmw Active Member

7. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

We have a forum for global agenda - come and say hello :D

Been playing it regularly, and for the most part, the queue's are popping quite fast. Going f2p have provided an influx of new players, even to the pvp game modes which is nice.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  8. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

If anyone else wanna join in, two of us are trying get a few together every Tuesday nights. We'll be sitting in the Eve Online channel* on the official TOG TS server. We have no plans atm, other than causing mayhem (or lolz) in merc PvP. From 8pm (AEST).

* Eve Online have their own ts server, so this channel is rarely used :D

9. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

I'm in.