Grand Strategy

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by ttomm61, Jun 14, 2020.

1. ttomm61

ttomm61 Getting Started

Being 74 now,is it possible to learn a grand strategy game like Paradox games?

2. 2_islands

2_islands Lead Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Age is not the determining factor. It is whether or not your brain functions. Many people far younger have limited brain function.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
    Rukus308 and CAMMO like this.
  3. DistinctMint

DistinctMint Active Member

My tip for paradox grand strategy games is to watch your way through a good Let's Play youtube series, and then be prepared to slowly read your way through all of the tooltips where needed to figure things out. For EU4 I think I watched through a 100 hour Lets Play to give me the general gist, and then I knew enough to be able to explore the rest myself (to the extent that I felt I needed to - certainly you don't need to know all the details to play and enjoy the games).

Once you've given some time to a Let's Play to decent extent then getting through a game is reasonably straightforward. Age is definitely not a factor, only interest and willpower!

Stellaris is quite accessible, EU4 is generally well regarded. (CK3 is coming out in august or september and looks to be quite accessible too, though we won't really know until it lands.)