Great Division moments.

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Battle Pope, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

I was playing last night and was a little too focused on reaching a new safe house (trying to get more supply credits to unlock a new part of the base).

I ran down a street, and not paying attention to what was going on, tripped a checkpoint mission. Before I knew it I was in the middle of an intersection, no cover, with 4 or 5 Rikers in front of me and another pair behind and to the right, all at my level or higher!

I spun left and headed for an abandoned car, dropped a flame turret while running and made it to cover with about 50% health. Popped a healing station and unslung my M1A while a notice appeared that JTF reinforcements were two minutes out - Code Brown! :eek:

What ensured was a whirlwind of grenades, dive-rolls, snapped headshots with the marksman rifle and hurried switches to my M4 to deal with shotgun wielding gang members charging and flanking my cover. The fight ended with JTF troops appearing behind the third and last wave of Rikers, catching them in a crossfire while I picked off the last few bad guys, making the last kill with my sidearm when a Riker took cover near me still shooting at the JTF.

I started the fight with a full load of ammo and finished it with no AR ammo and about 1/2 a mag. of marksman rifle ammo left, no grenades of any type and 1 medkit!

Probably one of the most insane and intense 3 minutes of gaming in my life. Freaking exhilarating! :D:D:D

2. Y2KHippy

Y2KHippy Active Member

Last night I was just cleaning up the map after being level 30 for a week and feeling no pressure from the map in general. So to challenge myself I was finishing up the encounters in the last two map sections without restocking my two guns that run out of ammo fast.

I was almost through the second map area, running low on ammo and I walk into a "Return the Supplies" game mode. Just as it starts the weather turns and I am now in a white out with 16 Last Man Battalions now surrounding me and lobbing grenades at me ever time I take cover and only seeing the red triangles to show me where the enemy are.

After taking down one grenadier after another I keep getting more LMB and then Ganger's spawning around be. In an area I was taking down 3 LMB patrolmen in a single SMG clip, I took 30 min to so this side encounter and all 5 of my healing packs, not to mention running for ammo constantly while shooting blindly at the little red triangles hoping that the enemy are out of cover.

I went from feeling like a RAMBO not caring about the enemy on the street to being threatened and genuinely fighting for my life in a side encounter. Not even a side mission, let alone a story or challenging daily mission.

3. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

My moment in the Division: Three manning the Powerplant mission on Challenge mode. Sixty minutes of terror and sweat, but we finished it.

4. Y2KHippy

Y2KHippy Active Member

When at level 8, OJ at level 11 thought it was a great idea to set the next mission (Subway Morgue) on HARD difficulty.
    After struggling for an hour in one room alone, then having to call in Pyro level 12 to get us through the last area which took yet another hour.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  5. Vansen

Vansen World of Warcraft: Raid Leader

Last night in the DZ, Rage had one of the best Leeroy Jenkins moments I've seen for a long time.

The whole night our team was farming the DZ for the usual crafting mats. There was a full rogue team that were running around but we were out of each others way. We kept an eye on them but we eventually get closer and end up literally right on top of us when we run the subway.

We started discussing if we should engage. We pop out of the subway and still with no solid decision we see Rage silently run around the corner head first into the full team of Rogues, pulling the the rest of his team into the fire fight.

The following minutes is a blur of bullets, grenades, sticky bombs and first aid. I go down once but get revived. The rogues all go down permanently and we prevail.

6. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

My recollection of the story differs somewhat:

We were engaging the south eastern (in DZ01) named elite group in the hope of a DZ chest when someone (possibly Rage) called out on TS that the rogue group was really close to us. By the time I had checked my map and seen that they were at the nearby extraction site griefing some agents who were trying to extract, Rage had made up our minds for us on a course of action.

The rogue group's mistake was burning their signature skills early and not using them to retreat when they lost fire superiority. Once we'd held them long enough for the dead griefed players to come back and join in, their fate was sealed.

7. Fyre

Fyre Well-Known Member

Tonight's challenge Warrengate.. with kustomrod, Cahiry and Cannibal.

dear lord it took us a long time.. unfortunately Cannibal DCd., and battlepope volunteered to help us out.
    Cue lots and lots and lots of wipes on the last section, as we worked out our tactics.

After a long time, we succeeded... and it was awesome

8. Battle Pope

Yeah, that was a rough fight.

Pulling back to the previous area and forcing the boss gunners through a bottleneck so we could concentrate fire was the key to the final leg.

Seeing the first of the final 4 go down and then knowing you are now a 90% chance of winning after 8 or more tries was glorious.

9. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Things you do when there's no dailies:

Four of us after getting bored doing Challenge Modes ran Russian Embassy and UN Building missions on Hard. No big deal you might say, but try doing it only using shotguns, skills and grenades. Killing the helicopter in the UN mission took a while...

10. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

hang on i'll shoot that chopper down with a shotgun ... hahaha

11. Battle Pope

....it took a lot of shells!

12. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

would of been quiet funny to see

13. Battle Pope

Last night four of us were running Russian Consulate on challenging. At the
    2nd-last (section when you move outdoors) we had dealt with the shot-gunners and other goons and just had to deal with the pair of snipers.

I managed to land a sticky bomb flashbang smack on the head of the right-hand sniper just as the other one ran up to him and got them both with one charge. The right sniper got dealt with and when the final one popped, up four streams of perfectly coordinated gunfire converged on him and dropped him in moments :D

14. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Twas a thing of beauty, I watched it through my DMR scope. What Pope doesn't say is that they were probably at the extreme range of his sticky bomb, which makes it an even better shot.