Greetings and Salutations

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Demomic, May 24, 2006.

1. Demomic

Demomic Getting Started

Greetings!

Boy, am I glad to have found you all! My kids got me started playing Planetside, and oh, I want company that does not mind that I am a little slower than I used to be! :) I am an avid gamer, who plays Everquest, Everquest 2, and now Planetside. I belong to a guild in Everquest 2, on the Venekor server, Elders. I joined an outfit in Planetside, only to find that it was just not a good fit for me. I have three grown children, ranging in age from 29 to 34, and they all play games. Most of the time some combination of us are on some game <grin>. My daughter is also posting an application, as Milada, and my sons are likely to want to join as well. We all qualify for the "over 25" rule. We mostly live around in the Houston area, except for my middle son who lives in Oklahoma, but we are all in the US Central time zone. I play a lot in the early am . . .don't sleep as much as I used to, and I also play in the evening starting around 8pm. I have one main character in Planetside on the Markov server, Winsome. I have made an alt just to try things out, so don't know yet if I shall keep her. I have done the required reading, AUP, FAQ, and forum guidelines, as well as a bunch of posts to see what you all were about, and I agree with your philosophy and your aims. Baylan's posts on the Planetside boards were unfailingly polite and informative to ALL who asked questions. I do so enjoy things more with good company. I raised some good company, but we all enjoy new people and old friends. I have teamspeak, and use it occasionally, more for listening than talking. Usually the kids and I are on the phone with each other <grin>, our own form of team speak! If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I appreciate the opportunity to apply to your organization.

Demomic

2. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Welcome!

You've made it through the basics! Soon an Admin will be by and make you a member! (As long as their wheelchair does not have a flat again! ;) )

After that feel free to browse all the forums AND check out the Planetside forum where you will find the friendly gecko Clan members. Gaming with family is great. Nothing like talking with a family member about an in game experience and them actually understanding it!

Have fun and enjoy!

3. Chiz

Chiz Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG - its the place to be!

4. Derf

Derf Retired Advisor

Welcome aboard mate ,see you soon on the PS forum and on planet

Go the Gecko

5. RapidDescent

RapidDescent Well-Known Member

You made it mate. Now get you to the PS forums and we'll get you in the Outfit.

Go the Gecko.

6. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

G'day and welcome to the mad-house, Demomic :)

Once those admin stamp ur papers pls join the rest of the inmates in the Lounge for a chat ;)

7. DogMeat

DogMeat Active Member

Welcome aboard.

8. Demomic

Demomic Getting Started

moderators

Greetings!

Any idea about when moderators will show up with that big stick? <grin<

Hope to get to talk to you all soon!

Demomic

9. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Welcome to TOG mate :)

10. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed by an administrator and approved.

You will now have full access to all parts of the TOG website
    • All TOG member only forums
    • All member only areas of the website
    Undoubtedly you want to get started and the best place to start is to visit the main forum for the game in which you are interested, have a read of the sticky posts and other threads that catch your attention.

Introduce yourself and ask any further questions you may have.
    You will find other TOG members most helpful if you take the time to aks any questions you may have.

The social heart of TOG can be found in “The Lounge Room”, where any topic is being discussed and debated. If you want to know the other TOG members across the whole of TOG visit the Lounge Room.
    Want to know when the next real life get together is of TOG members, again the lounge room is the place to be.

We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose too, feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don’t forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers!

11. Demomic

Demomic Getting Started

Greetings!

Thanks for the whack with the TOG stick, I appreciate the invitation and will try to make it seem like a good idea that you decided ta give me this bump on the noggin from that way big stick <grin>

Thanks!

Demomic

12. Demomic

Demomic Getting Started

And . . . thanks too for all the lovely welcomes! I kept forgettin' ta say that <smile>!

Demomic

13. chaos

chaos Getting Started

welcome to tog great bunch of guys n gals where ever you go