Greetings Comrades

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Uri Dickdropov, May 21, 2006.

1. Uri Dickdropov

Uri Dickdropov Just Joined

The swirls of dust billowed from the grimey hanger bay as an old merlin class figate that has seen its warranty come and go many years ago roar roughly as it desends into its craddle. Along its once sleek lines is the rough contures of rough welds hastily completed repairs. indeed the ship gives the impression of a ghetto building with Ion thrusters bolted crudely to its delaptated structure.

A cigar stub flicked through the dim air as the warp coils cracked from their cooling and a Uri steps off into the TOG corprate hanger...."greetings comrades I am your new recruit and I have come to this backwater to spread some cheer , dickdropov style. I hear your looking for hired guns, well as long as you dont ask too many questions about my past then we will get on fine.

2. Samiq

Samiq Getting Started

Welcome to TOG Mr Dickdopov, nice intro.
    Good hunting!

3. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

WOW (not the game)... what an entry Uri?! :) G'day and welcome to the good ship we call TOG.

Ur age is in ur profile but u need to state that u have read and agreed to the TOG AUP & FAQ b4 those admins will even look at ya.... once u have posted this info here they will invite u step thru the hatch, once inside pls make ur way to the Lounge for a chat ;)

4. DaRippa

DaRippa Retired Advisor

Hey Uri,,,how did it drop off? Messing with the wrong hooker? :biglol:
    WELCOME TO TOG!!!!! :D

5. Uri Dickdropov

Uri glances down at the vidsheet containing the rules of the corp ethos, shoved at him by the officious Corporate clerk . "hmmm" he growled " I see you have your Lawyers breeding without controls." after reading slowly and meticulously he glanced up and shoved it back into the fumbling hands of the nervous officer. "Agreed! there is nothing here that will ban me from my dues, now tell me where I can get my hands on extractor coil for my phase inhibitor....oh and a drink and a woman or two while your at it!"
    The clerk blurted something barely coherently and Uri strode off the landing dock platform and into the waiting night.

The clerk scratched his Chin irritably at the gruff treatment he had been given, and wondered if life would have accorded him more respect if he hadn't failed the eye test for the Caladri Navy. His thoughts jarred to a halt when a riveted piece of detritus clanged on the titanium landing deck off the black pockmarked fuselage of the Merlin.

stanley likes this.
  6. stanley

stanley Active Member

Welcome uri once your a member head on down to the eve forums and see if they will trade in that old merlin class frigate for a brand new shiny raven B/S for you

7. Bugsquash

Bugsquash Well-Known Member

A tall Brutor tribesman with a chiselled jaw and eyes hidden behind mirrored sunglasses looks up from his repairs to the warped artillery barrel jutting at a crude angle from his battle-scarred and battered Cyclone. "Hey, you over there with that Merlin. How many cycles have you seen ? We have a minimum age limit here."

He waits impatiently for an answer while staring at the newcomer and sizing him up. Feeling the blaster strapped to his hip he wonders if this vagabond is a threat to the security of the corp...

8. Dixi_Lady

Dixi_Lady Active Member

Loved your intro!!! Welcome to TOG!

9. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Welcome to TOG mate :)

10. Uri Dickdropov

Uri stopped, his back ramrod straight. turning he gazed at the source of the interruption of his quest for wine, women and a coil that would last longer than that last piece of Ammatar garbage that was foisted on him by an incompetent parts merchant in Sobeski.
    "I'm sorry" he spoke levelly "but were you talking to me?"
    He walked evenly and with a slow deliberation over to the sun mirrored man, instinctively sizing him up and taking in the enormous artillery piece that had cooked from some , no doubt lawful orbital bombardment for cash.
    "I'm Dickdropov, and if you make some smartarse remark about my fathers name there is going to be trouble........freind" he stated flatly.
    "If of course you just curious about my age then I'm 37 cycles past. I'm going for a drink and have some credits to burn tonight, Kersheda has just felt quite generous considering I smuggled her brother out of a pirate stronghold."
    he turned, paused "your welcomed to join me if you wish" he spoke grudgingly, more out of some distant memory of politeness than out of any real enthusiasm.

11. Samiq

Samiq Getting Started

I hope there is an admin around to approve Uri's application and get him out of the station before that last name of his starts spreading....

He keeps touching things and we are getting low on disinfectant!

12. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

finally got there uri after 3 epic posts;) welcome to TOG, the Admins should be along shortly:)

13. Bugsquash

A crack appears in the tall black mans face that goes from grimace to smile and then to a hearty laugh. "HAH HAH, I knew I liked the look of you when I saw the ripples of your graviton landing thrusters !!! They had a wholesome feel to them."

"Let me show you the way to the bar. Avoid the Thucker Ale though" he says while shuddering "I had to strain the last pitcher I ordered".

With this he slaps the fellow pilot on the shoulder and starts leading the way to the best bar in-station...

14. Uri Dickdropov

Uri smiled thinly, "very well allow me to buy you a strained one then. My Name is Uri..." the gaunt faced man paused looking carefully for any sign on the big mans features of that mocking smile. Satisfied that the black man had maintained a straight enough face for Uris rather fragile self esteem, he plunged on. "So tell me. What does my threat indicator call you my Rail gun cooking friend, and did someone forget to pay a bar bill?" Uri indicated towards the Carbon coated muzzle of the Huge rail cannon."

Bugsquash likes this.
  15. Dixi_Lady

Dixi_Lady Active Member

To be continued.................. (?)

16. Bugsquash

"Bah my new friend, you can call me Xanther, Xanther Stareater to everyone else" Xanther looks at the carbonised barrel and a quizical look comes over his face. "As for that popgun you are pointing to it is definately not one of those technodemon infested energy suckers."
    A small smile crosses his face and he looks down at his new friend as he says "I use honest cannons. Much less to go wrong and it allows my ship to mount more weapons as they draw less power, and more guns is good, good to shoot slavers with that is." He laughs heartily at his own joke puts his arm around Uri's shoulder and steers him toward the bar.

Xanther goes suddenly silent and stops dead in his tracks. "Your not a slaver are you?" His hand hovers over the low slung blaster holster at his hip, fingers flexing...

17. Jello63

Jello63 Well-Known Member

Jervis Bay N.S.W: TOG Sponsor: XFire-jello63. Fox'
    Hi & Welcome to TOG :).

You have now been made a member & have access to all TOG member only forums.

The first place to start is the Forum Index.

Find the game forum you are interested in, there you will find threads called "Sticky" posts, which contain a lot of very handy information.

Introduce yourself & you'll find TOG members coming from all directions to help you get settled.

The social hub of TOG is the Lounge where there are many topics discussed, TOG social gatherings & Lans are posted.

Enjoy your stay.:)

18. Dixi_Lady

Dixi_Lady Active Member

and then......?

(this is not just your ordinary welcome to TOG, folks)

19. Samiq

Samiq Getting Started

This has been continued in the EVE forums.....

Starting visibly at the blunt question, Uri wondered momentarily if Kersheda had spoken to anyone else about that shipment of Slaves to the Tanoon refinery facility. Would he have to kill her for talking or maybe this new, extremely inquisitive Friend that he had acquired. Perhaps a small accident, he would just have to unscrew the primary injector coolant hose to allow a small leak and this question asking slaver hunter would just become another small nebulae of dust on the outer rings of the solar system and know one would be the wiser.
    "Thats a kind of personal question....friend, you don't hear me asking you if you have a sexually transmitted disease now, do you?"
    He grunted and swung open the door of the tavern and the fetid beer reeking air washed over them both.
    "Ahhhh," he breathed deeply" good to be home."
    " No. in answer to your question, I'm not known for my willingness to cart slaves. its a sorry trade for sorry traders. you would have to be a pretty run down pilot of a space scow to trade in such human misery"
    Uri half smiled a sardonic self mocking smile as he looked out the window of the bar at his decrepit space scow....errr trusty Merlin. A pretty speech indeed, maybe if he spoke quickly enough he might even believe it himself.

20. Dixi_Lady

Dixi_Lady Active Member

You see what you started here, Uri? :D