Greetings from a new member.

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Leonagustus, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Leonagustus

Leonagustus Just Joined

Hello ToG's.

My name is Leonagustus, but I am comfortable with Leon.

I am a mature gamer at 52, and have played MMO's for around 10 years now, and computer games since back in the ZX81 days.

I have become somewhat jaded by the lacklustre and repetitive gameplay of most of the MMO clones out there, and am currently passing some time in LoTR online till Spellborn or Conan shows any promise once developed sometime in 2008.

The only offline game I play on my PC these days is Oblivion, which I tend to install uninstall on a whim and play when Online tedium sets in.

Oblivion for me was somewhat of a let down after Daggerfall and Morrowinds success and freedom of character development and freeplay immersion, but I have not tried the expansions beyond the knights of Nine so may well be missing some better content, and also never tried any Oblivion mods, though MW mods were very good and usefull bringing that particular game to life.

I have not looked much at PC games in general for some time now, being more interested in the more alive feel that Online gaming brings. Though would be open to any suggestions. :)

I look forward to reading up on the forums and contributing where I can.

It is good to see a mature site and so far I like what I see.

Leon

2. Sir Fitz

Sir Fitz Retired Administrator

Hello there and welcome to TOG.

Please take some time to read this: Potential Members PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE POSTING and the other sticky posts at the top of this forum. They detail what is needed in order to become a full TOG member.

We need to know:
    1. Are you over the age of 25?
    2. Have you read and agreed to the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) and FAQs
    3. Have you read and agreed to the Forum and Server Guidelines.
    Post back here with the required info and we can give you full access to the site (TOGerised).

3. Leonagustus

Leonagustus Just Joined

Greetings, all forums are still matked as private as yet.

I have sent a PM request for access for at least one of them. Do I need to send requests for all those I am interested in, or is there a backlog on admin?

Leon.

And yes I have read all the required information :)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2007
  4. The Omen

The Omen Retired Moderator

G`day Leon,
    You need to state that you have read the FAQ & AUP & Forum and server guidelines then all will be fine.
    Welcome along from the BF2142 division. If your like me i used to be into all the medievil RPG`s and such and tried BF2142 for the first time...love it still after a year and a bit of only playing it

5. Sir Fitz

Sir Fitz Retired Administrator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers

Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organization.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and has over 19,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers! :)

6. GeeMan

GeeMan Retired Captain

Hiya Leon and welcome - have you checked out Voyage Century Online as an MMO??
    We have an active guild here at TOG and as Guild Leader I organise Tomb Raids,trips into Battlefields with our ships and so on.
    Come along to the VCO forum for a read if you like.
    BTW - the game is set in 17th century with pirates etc:)

7. Headly

Headly World of Warcraft Leader

Welcome to ToG, Leon. Enjoy

8. Leonagustus

Leonagustus Just Joined

Thanks Sir Fritz I now have the access I was looking for.:)

and thanks for the hya's Omen, Geeman, Head.

I have played most popular MMo's over the years, but tend to go for the ones where you can train a Ranger/Scout etc, ie EQ1, EQIi, DAoC, VG, and more aetc etc. But after around 10 years or so the genre` has grown stale for me.

I have started up in EVE-Online, and for someone who is not that interested in space warfare, I have found it a very interesting proposition. I am slowly getting to grips with the complexity, though that complexity is becoming more and more intuitive even after just 8 Character days in play.

I was into SWG for a while and the space expansion, but EVE just blows that away for me. It looks very good if you are into big corp takeovers and wars lasting months and conflicts lasting years. But I am just enjoying developing the mining harvesting side, as Crafting has always been big for me in MMO's.

Not heard of VCO, but wil check it out, though I only have room for one MMO in my life :) I will certainly take a good look at it. I am currently waiting on Spellborn or Conan as my next real big MMO fix, but should they fall short at the post, and if EVE keeps me entertained I may stay withe her for a while. :) Time will tell, and like any good MMO gamer, I am as fickle as the rest. o_O

Pirates of the Carrib looks not too shoddy also Geeman, but doubt I would sign up for a seafarers life. ;)

Got to go train another relevent skill now, but will read up more now the site has opened a few more doors. be lucky people.

Leon

9. ozbrat

ozbrat Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard and remember have fun

10. F3rr3t

F3rr3t Retired Captain

The Best Bit, Nelsonbay, NSW, Orstraylee-a

Hi Leon
    TOG has several Corps in Eve. Drop down to the Eve forum and say hello.
    Eve can be a complex long term game to play.
    If there are any questions one of us will be able to give you some help.

Cheers :)