[DONE] Greetings, membership app, and all the funky details

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Gismo, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Gismo

Gismo Just Joined

Hello TOG persons,

My name is Amanda, aged 30, living on the Gold Coast, Qld, and I'm an alcoholic... oh wait, wrong club!

Anyway, all of those points are correct to a certain extent. I'm a known TF2 player around the GON traps and you can usually find me on server #13. My gaming history is relatively new albeit having the C64 through to NES and Gameboy exposure as a child probably constitutes for something. I spec'd up my first PC gaming rig back in 2005 with the intention of being involved in BF2. I joined BoTM at the time, participating in the GA ladder - it's from here I became aware of the TOG posse! I spent a good couple of years with BoTM, eventually becoming their recruitment manager.

I moved away from clan life and took solace in my lone wolf gaming in CS:S and DOD:S. I then found my niche in TF2 and that's where I seem to spend all of my gaming time these days.

So, why the application to TOG? Whilst I'm content with my regular group of TF2'ers, I'm hoping the hype around BF3 lives up to expectations and I can go back to playing some war combat games. I'm also hoping that being involved in a clan will enhance the BF3 experience and bring back some of that camaraderie that I remember from BF2 scrims and wars. I'd like to participate in ladder challenges and friendly competition, just to highlight some real gaming spirit.

So now for the two-way evaluation: Do I want to be here? Do you want me to be here? :p

Oh and for reference, you can find me on Steam as Gismo_Girl.

One final point, so you know I've read the FAQ's... your "How do you get around the time differences with an international player base?" heading is missing it's leading colour tag!

2. tinman_au

tinman_au Retired Captain

Hiya Gismo, good to see you apply!! :)

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  3. Bloodwrych

Bloodwrych Retired Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 36,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!
    The Older Gamers

4. Gismo

Gismo Just Joined

*toddles off to real threads to make myself known*