Greetings Older Gamers!

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by BoBTBaD, Jun 29, 2006.

1. BoBTBaD

BoBTBaD Getting Started

Hi everyone.

I'm interested in joining the TOG fellowship, and have read through the Acceptable Use Policy, and Frequently Asked Questions page.

Who am I?
    My real name is Robert Todd. I'm 36Years old, married to Michelle with 2 Boys, 14, 12 Years old. I grew up on the Central Coast, NSW (Gosford area), however 4 years ago, I went for the country change & moved to Dorrigo, NSW, where I still live. The country change has seen me drift away from my old friendships, and I only have a few friends I keep in contact with now. Gaming keeps me sane, a good night's gaming for me is the same as a night out on the town. I like to see friends, chat, and enjoy a bit of friendly rivalry. My whole family enjoys games, and I do play online with my wife, and on our LAN with my kids (and their friends) whenever I get a chance. I have a network at home of 8 computers, with anout 5 or 6 spare in bits, I work as a Computer Technician.

What is my Gaming history?
    My first gaming system was a SEGA SC300H personal Computer that my Dad got back in 1980 something. I've played on too many different devices to list, the most memorable being the Tank game on the Atari, Zork, Wolfenstein 3D, Zork Nemesis, Duke 3D, Warcraft 2, Red Alert, Quake 2 & 3, Total Annihilation, Half-Life, Unreal Tournament, Counterstrike, Everquest, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2. I would describe myself as a serious gamer. I like to play the games properly, and I like to win. I don't like to cheat or use exploits, I believe you're only cheating yourself when you travel that road.

Why am I interested in joining TOG?
    Simply put, I'm interested in finding like minded, similarly aged (matured) players who enjoy Battlefield 2, and maybe even find some partners to play with as a team to make full use of the squad based gameplay. I'd also like to participate in competetive ladders with Battlefield 2 if I can find a team to be a part of, though that depends on my suitability for a team, and so it's not a something I personally require. Friendship with players my age and maturity would be a great start.

I've been watching TOG members since Battlefield 1942, and I can honestly say I've never found anyone from TOG to be unlikeable. I haven't discussed clans with anyone from TOG, and until today I didn't realise that TOG stood for The Older Gamers lol, so I was quite happy to find that you are all older gamers.

What's the worst you can expect from me?
    This whole Gaming community thing is really new to me. The majority of my multiplayer experiences have been on LAN with friends, and up until about a year ago I was operating on modem, which meant online gaming was something I had minimal participation in. I do find it difficult to keep up with these new fangled forum things, I prefer the phone, or I think I can confidently say I'm getting used to E-Mail now. I do see how Forums are a key community resource, however I haven't really gotten the hang of using them, and so probably won't participate on the forums very much.

Well, that's about everything I can think of. If you have any questions of me, please send me an EMail. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Sereth likes this.
  2. At1wit3D

At1wit3D Retired Captain

Hi and welcome BoB :)
    you've definatly come to right place to find matured gamers ;)
    With an app like that it wont take long to get hit with the TOG stick by one of the admins :twisted:
    see ya round mate and enjoy your stay :cool:

3. CannonFodda

CannonFodda Retired Administrator

good onya bob & welcome:) you'll get the hang of the forums pretty quickly i'm sure. have fun;)

4. Johnno

Johnno Legend Of EvE

Nice post, BoBTBaD, and welcome to TOG.

Have fun

Johnno

5. DextrousWeevil

DextrousWeevil Retired Captain

hi bob welcome to the mad house :lol:

6. jaze69

jaze69 Getting Started

Welcome M8 what a great post, hope to see you in COD2 one day.

7. VillageIdiot

VillageIdiot Getting Started

Welcome to TOG

8. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Well thats one of the better intro posts I've seen in a long while :D Nice to meet you!

Hi & Welcome to TOG :).

You have now been made a member & have access to all TOG member only forums.

The first place to start is the Forum Index.

Find the game forum you are interested in, there you will find threads called "Sticky" posts, which contain a lot of very handy information.

Introduce yourself & you'll find TOG members coming from all directions to help you get settled.

The social hub of TOG is the Lounge where there are many topics discussed, TOG social gatherings & Lans are posted.

Enjoy your stay.:)

9. ausgamer

ausgamer Active Member

Welcome mate you have come to the right & best place for gaming.

Cheers

10. Tiger74

Tiger74 Guest

Welcome to TOG BoBTBad!!!

It has been mentioned that you are TOG's 10,000th signup - congratulations and we welcome you with open arms!

Game on!!!

11. BoBTBaD

BoBTBaD Getting Started

Thanks for the kinds words everyone, it's a good feeling to receive so many friendly hello's. I don't know what to say about the 10,000th membership thing. Do I win a prize? A Toupe' maybe? hehe..

..l look forward to seeing you online in a game somewhere!

Rob.

12. The_Fiddler

The_Fiddler Retired Administrator

I reckon I could scrape up sopme carpet shavings and some superglue and "MacGyver" up a toupee for you mate :)

Congrats on being 10,000 :p

13. ausgamer

ausgamer Active Member

Congratulations for being the 10.000th sign up to the TOG's mate.

Well done

Cheers

14. Chiz

Chiz Well-Known Member

Bob,

Welcome to TOG mate!!!

YES you do win a prise. CONGRATULATIONS! You have won an all expeses paid trip to exotic "Dorrigo" in New South Wales (which is in Australia - in case you didn't know).

Just pop into our offices in London and collect the tickets. :D

Wait a minute... :eek: that's where you live right? OK, maybe we'll keep the prise for the person who htis 20,000. Hope you don't mind.

Welcome to the loooooony bin old chap!

15. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the TOG zone, BoBTBad :)

Now that the friendly admins have taken u thru the entry procedures, pls join the rest of the zonies in the Lounge for a chat ;)

TOG's 10k signup...... WOOT :)

16. Sereth

Sereth Well-Known Member

Hey, welcome to TOG!!! I see you're all ready getting the rounds of welcomes from us, so I'll just say...

Nice introduction post, I'm sure you'll find yourself a home here in TOG in several different forums sections!

Congrats on being the 10k member to sign upto TOG!!! Anyway we can give this man a coin (like wings) for his Avatar?

17. mettleking

mettleking Well-Known Member

Enough of the welcomes ... let this man get into some serious gaming with us ... plenty of Battlefield 2, UT 2004, and BF 1942 action going on in here .... just go to the appropriate subforums and introduce yourself :D

And Welcome :)

18. MotherFlanker

MotherFlanker Retired Journalist<br>Retired Advisor

Pfft Not without me saying welcome!!!!
    Your an instant legend Bob! 10,000 member you shall forever be known as.
    We decided to give you a prize after all. Here is your toothbrush... you can clean the latrines with it and her is your new hairpiece... we shaved Demon Keelers behind for it......
    Welcome to TOG!!!

19. ACKA

ACKA Getting Started

Welcome to TOG.

20. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Getting Started

welcome

welcome aboard m8,this is the first clan i have ever been in and i dare say it would be hard to find a better buch of guys,good for a laugh...so i reckon you will enjoy your time with the toggers,all the best