GTA V

Discussion in 'Games Talk' started by Pharoah, Aug 16, 2013.

1. comman

comman TOGOA High Sec Director

yeah that's cool, just feel out as there look's to be more xbox then PS3 on TOG :(

2. Bawheidbob

Bawheidbob Well-Known Member

That is the problem with the world too many Master Chief fanboi's :D

3. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

I own both a PS3 and a 360. The game reviewed better on 360. ;)

Though I have pre-ordered a One and not a PS4... yet.

The PS3 just got a title update so it might be worth trying again.

I finally managed a game with 3 other players (via my other crew) yesterday and it was a blast.

A money making tip for everyone.

At L15 you get a certain mission from Gerald. It's good money ($9000). You can choose to "Replay" it after you're done and it starts you right near the point. We were doing it in under 4 mins a run. As a group you get a 20% RP bonus and an extra 10% for crew members.

The end result was I went up 3 levels and got enough cash to buy a nice apartment ($130k).

4. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Yep, I am.

...as if time of writing, I'm at 93.7% (according to the Rockstar SocialClub checklist) and something like Lvl 5 or 6 in GTAonline.

I haven't had any of the reliability or buggy issues that some of you have reported, EXCEPT for the first of the "Bail Bond" missions where I needed to receive an email to complete and I *thought* I never got. (However I reloaded an earlier save, and I had the message then, so either the emails auto-delete (bad thing) or I accidentaly deleted it (unlikely, since I never delete in-game msges)).
    As it happened, the guy was where the email said he would be, so I was able to complete the first mission in that thread, and subsequent emails arrived as they should.

5. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

soz for the double-post, but while on the subject of the Rockstar Checklist, for those of you who (like me), are following your progress and using the checklist map as a reference:
    (pseudo-spoiler alert... I'll try to remain as objective as possible)
    Finishing the story mode makes *some* of the "Strangers and Freaks" unobtainable. None of the unobtainable missions affect your ability to get 100%, but for those with OCD like mine and who won't like "greyed out" icons on the Rockstar checklist, I would recommend saving your game before the final mission and doing all the 100% completionist stuff before doing the last mission.

[Possible Spoiler]
    You'll know when the last mission is, it's heralded in a cutscene after "The Big Heist", when one of the characters gets a knock at the door.
    [/Spoiler]

6. click

click Well-Known Member

I am playing on PS3 aswell mate
    I have just started really about 20% of story and about level 5 online
    I also had heaps of trouble getting online but yesterday I tried and it worked.
    Looking forward to catching up with you guys ingame
    Thanks for the 100% advice cadder :)

7. Speedy

Speedy Well-Known Member

I think the they took away the replay option in today's patch to stop the mass exploiting of the missions - at least I haven't been able to replay any missions since updating.

Though you can still do the rob shop - go to playstation store exploit where you rob the shop then load up the store from the menu then drop back into game and you are no longer wanted and can rob the store again.
    Depending on how quick you load into and out of the store you can typically rob the shop every 30-60 secs with typical take being $1000 - $1500 per robbery you can easily make $5000 - $10000 every 5 minutes or so, if you can stand the boredom.

8. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

No prob :)
    I had no luck getting on the first couple of days, but I put that down to first-release demand and teething issues.

I still don't seem to be able to stay in a session for more than 10 minutes or so, but I think that might be my shit internet connection. All of a sudden I get messages that all the other players have left.
    I suspect it's me leaving, not them. :w

9. barfarina

barfarina Active Member

I may not have my head around how the online works (considering i haven't managed to do anything yet), but i'm never going to be able to play online if i can't even get the tutorial to load. This isn't affecting everyone as other LIVE friends are online giving me invites, so not sure what the problem is.

Says servers are offline, or it simply can't connect even after waiting for the first tute mission to load for 30 mins multiple times. I have no idea what's going on - it's not like the single player is fun enough to bother playing after you're 'done' to pass the time...

10. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

That's not good barf...I was actually really happy with my first experience.
    Got home from hols this afternoon. Up date went fine....Straight into character creation (god that's wierd ) intro played and I got into the car... Said waiting for players and about 15 seconds later it started filling... Then I had to shut down to race off to 20 year high school reunion. Itching to get home but hanging around because of mates I haven't seen in literally years.

I'm in a rural area with really bad net too. So quite impressed. Glad I missed the first few days.

11. barfarina

barfarina Active Member

Finally got it to work - had to reset my console cache and get the update again. Still didn't work properly until about 10 tries later, but it's been pretty good since then minus a few random disconnections.

Got my 20 year reunion coming up in a couple months too (if i decide to go... lol)!

12. Cadder

Cadder Retired Captain

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  13. Rick Fortune

Rick Fortune Well-Known Member

Best one I had was when he had some guy running away from him and he's saying "I dont care if you haven't washed it..."

14. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

So far I've found online to be a horrible mess. Framerates in SP were bad enough, some of the MP missions it drops to like 10 fps. Throw in people appearing/disappearing/teleporting everywhere due to lag and the general behaviour of pubbers and it's all just too frustrating for me to find enjoyable. They even managed to make the police and your own vehicle a pain in the arse.

Maybe if we get some TOG games going I'll give it another look.

15. barfarina

barfarina Active Member

I'm reserving judgement until i play with a group of others who actually use mics and communicate occasionally but so far, apart from the story, i'm hugely disappointed with this game. They seem to have taken the fun away from the sandbox elements - it is NOT fun to be driving a car, seemingly doing nothing wrong, and suddenly have police chasing you and kill you with ONE BULLET while trying to drive away. Police are overly powerful and i feel less inclined to just create my own fun in that situation in a game like this.

I look forward to a TOG online group with some banter rather than the current silence. It's hard to know who is on the crew and online when they're not on your xbox friends list so maybe we need to organise an actual time, etc for a group to be on.

16. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

Yeah I'm only playing in Crew/Friend only sessions atm. I got dumped in a public session after doing a Job last night and promptly lost $12,000 in hospital bills after forgetting just how much dying costs and staying on there fighting off the morons that just love killing each other.

The cops thing is annoying at first, but not so bad once you get a garage and can easily stay in your own vehicle/s. Strangely enough you can steal a helicopter without getting any stars and cruise around the map in that.

I'm playing a LOT atm but in another crew with a few guys I've met. Feel free to add me (Hastarin) to your friends list.

If we need to organize a time we'd also have to figure out where in the world everyone is and what sort of times they can play.

For myself:
    GMT+10 (Melbourne)
    Weekdays best, Weekends with enough notice

NOTE: If you're in Single Player and go to Online via the Pause menu you can get the option to start a Invite/Crew/Friend Only session.

17. click

click Well-Known Member

Online is a bit hit and miss atm BUT when it works its a whole lot of fun. I played last night with friends and it worked perfectly. Missions, Races, Loading times and rooms all ran without a hitch.
    Saying this one of my other friends today just lost his Level 31 character when went to login today.

Also loving the SP campaign when I get a chance to play it. Trevor is so funny

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  18. comman

Yeah I have got in and play a bit, do not know if its my internet or the servers but I keep getting a lot of lag. So I am just going to give it a week or 2 and try again.

19. edispilf

edispilf Getting Started

Back again after a long hiatus from these forums, mostly played MMO's but have retired them due to time constraints with having a young family.

Keen to see if any PSN players playing GTA Online wants to get organised and setup runs, currently struggling to find a steady crew of people to play with due to unavailability of people and server issues.

I have a young 2 year old and another one on the way and most of my gaming is done in the wee hours of the late evening and early mornings, weekends mostly and the occasional Monday and Tuesday early evenings.

Don't mind getting organised ala Vent servers etc but overall i just want to have organised times for people to get a good game going with 16 players. Who knows when the PS4 rolls out and we have a few more games like the theDivision and Destiny we could get organised with those as well.

PSN: ausNEMESIS

20. comman

edispolf, I am on the PSN add me comqld.