Halo2:: Enough interest for a division?

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Church, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Church

Church Getting Started

Hello all you TOGers.

This intent of this thread is to determine if, upon launch of Halo2 on Xbox, there will be a great enough interest in online play (as it will be live enabled) to create a division within TOG.

If you would be interested in putting something organized together for match play for Halo2, please let us know.

Personally Halo(2) is the only FPS I play anymore, I have gotten too used to the controls. My wife would be interested, along with two other guys I know here who are primarily console players.

Halo2 Launches in November, so there is a little time to think about this.

Thanks,

2. Karmajay

Karmajay Retired Advisor

Church, if you are interested in Halo2, check out www.ilovebees.com !

I have an Xbox, but not live. So many online games on ther PC!

3. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

Halo on the Xbox is one of my all-time favourites. So, of course, I'll be getting Halo2 the day it's out. :D

Having said that, I don't have Xbox Live either - doesn't play nicely with my modded Xbox. :twisted:

4. Church

Church Getting Started

Following a short conversation with Father Yesterday I am comfortable announcing this. Some firends of mine (locally) have decided to but together a group to prep for the Halo 2 Launch. Part of the discussion with my friends was to create a website for organizational purposes where we could be focused on what we are doing. I started coding yesterday and now am happy to open the doors to it.

http://www.2e1x1.net/halo

You will find most of the basic strucutre is similar to TOG's and right now we are going to function as an unofficial offshot of TOG that is completely dedicated to Halo and Halo 2.

Part of the discussion I had with Father was that Console gamers get lost in the Miriad of PC games here at the TOG main site.

Our Halo 2 Group has taken the tag TOGX (for TOG X-Box players). We have implemented the Main FAQ and AUP of TOG onto our site so we definately still fall within the scope of TOG's juistiction.

If you are interested in playing Halo 2 online when it comes out, I encourage you to stop by and take a look.

5. OBI

OBI Active Member

What Rubicon said, otherwise I wouldn't mind having a go.

6. Church

Church Getting Started

The thing with the modded xboxes. Well certin mods dont interfere with Live play. I would suggest you find a friend who has Live and hook your Xbox up to it with his settings (if he trusts you). Tht way you can see if your mod will interfere with Xbox Live.