Haven't backed? Want LTI?

Discussion in 'Star Citizen (Public)' started by Foxman, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Ludy

Ludy Well-Known Member

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13150-Package-Re-Sale-Policy

Just so everyone knows we are not breaking any rules by offering other TOG ships at cost. You can not put up posts on the Star Citizen forums any more but they specifically have said we can continue.

2. Zhul

Zhul Retired Captain

For people leery about doing Paypal money exchanges:

You can buy a package and trade the ship to an Original/Veteran member. They can then melt the ship down for store credit and purchase the same ship with LTI and then gift it back to you.

Also, as mentioned before, the Original members have better purchasing deals (Veterans currently have the same prices for ships as new members). So if you trade a non-LTI ship for an LTI ship with an Original member they could spend the extra money on additional items and also gift those to you (such as a special skin or a digital starmap).

3. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Yep, saw that Ludy, It's all good :)

4. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

It has been a while since I have used Paypal, so I apologize to Silana. I have refunded the $110 that was sent to me back, because PP charged a fee for the transfer ($4.59).
    When using paypal, be aware that they charge a fee to the person you are having buy your package. As a result, the person buying on your behalf won't have enough in their account to make the purchase. I can only assume that this fee scales based on the amount transferred.

Incidentally, I just noticed that when I refunded the transfer it only refunded $4.29 of the fees.. guess they have to get something out of the exchange. Scam artists...

5. Silana

Silana Active Member

No problems MarcT,
    However is there still a way to do this.. maybe i could send you the transfer fee or something?

6. burnx

burnx Well-Known Member

I have informed Silana about Paypal fees, but seems like others are not aware of it. Pretty much the receiver of the transfer will be charged.

Try using this tool to calculate the amount the sender needs to send so that the receiver will get what is expected: The Fee Calculator - Calculates PayPal service fees and charges

Ludy likes this.
  7. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

8. Bloodwrych

Bloodwrych Retired Moderator

If anyone wants a LTI ship im also willing to add my name to the list of people willing to get them at cost price for fellow toggers.

Regards,
    B

9. KleptoManiac

KleptoManiac Active Member

another successful transaction! This time with Cheeseman. The $4.20 Paypal fee did catch us by surprise. Not sure if a credit card was used or if it was some kind of international transfer fee.

10. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

Contrats to Silana on a brand new Freelancer, Cutlass and 325a.
    Glad we finally got all the logistics taken care of.

11. Rezrik

Rezrik Active Member

Yep, posting on behalf of my Sis.. all worked out well.. A bit thank you to MarcT for all his hard work in getting these ships for us. I guess it's gonna take a while to come across but can't wait to see them in my hanger :)

12. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

ORIGIN 325A FIGHTER - LTI
    GIFTED
    Created:
    July 25, 2013
    PIRATE PACK - LTI
    GIFTED
    Created:
    July 25, 2013
    FREELANCER - LTI
    GIFTED
    Created:
    July 25, 2013

You don't see them yet? They show as cancel-able on my end, apparently they stay that way until you accept them. I used rezrik @ hotmail as the email and Rezrik as the name.
    I had heard on the RSI forums that it might take 24 hours for a gift to transfer, but as I have never done it before...

Klepto, what has your experience been on the gifting process?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  13. Rezrik

Rezrik Active Member

I have checked my hot mail account and have got two emails from Roberts Space Industries.. The Origin 325A has come through as well as the Freelancer.. Just waiting for the Pirate pack to come through now.. i'm guessing it will take a little while. I have claimed the Origin and the Freelancer already.

Thanks again MarcT

14. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

NP. Going to bed now, East Coast USA.. Let me know if you haven't gotten the pirate pack by tomorrow. I'll cancel the transfer and redo it.

Just noticed there is a hanger log on the site..

• Jul 25 2013, 12:44 am - Freelancer - LTI #563508 - Created by Arrta_Myrdhyn from order #6Y94GLZ12I9H7
    • Jul 25 2013, 12:44 am - Pirate Pack - LTI #563509 - Created by Arrta_Myrdhyn from order #6Y94GLZ12I9H7
    • Jul 25 2013, 12:44 am - Origin 325a Fighter - LTI #563510 - Created by Arrta_Myrdhyn from order #6Y94GLZ12I9H7
    • Jul 25 2013, 1:09 am - Freelancer - LTI #563508 - Gifted to rezrik @ hotmail
    • Jul 25 2013, 1:09 am - Pirate Pack - LTI #563509 - Gifted to rezrik @ hotmail
    • Jul 25 2013, 1:09 am - Origin 325a Fighter - LTI #563510 - Gifted to rezrik @ hotmail
    • Jul 25 2013, 3:14 am - Origin 325a Fighter - LTI #563510 - Claimed as a gift by Rezrik
    • Jul 25 2013, 3:16 am - Freelancer - LTI #563508 - Claimed as a gift by Rezrik

From this, it should show up soon.

15. Rezrik

Rezrik Active Member

Coolies.. Thanks once again.. have a good nights sleep :)

16. MarcT

MarcT Active Member

Congrats to Gribbles who just got a nice new 300i

Silana/Rezrik, I canceled and regifted your Pirate Pack. Gribbles has already gotten his gift and I only sent it 20 mins ago.

Marc

Foxman likes this.
  17. KleptoManiac

KleptoManiac Active Member

Painless, no issues at all.

May I suggest that folks work out the details via email or phone call if you are in the country?

18. Rezrik

Rezrik Active Member

Hey MarcT,

Just checked my account and the Pirate pack has come through now. Thanks for doing that.

Rez

19. gribbles

gribbles Just Joined

Thanks heaps to MarcT. Super happy to get a 300i with LTI.

20. DiMoose

DiMoose Just Joined

Hi!
    I just got a 325a but without LTI, how can I go about to acquire this?

Best Regards!
    DiMoose