HAWKEN

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by HappyWulf, Jun 21, 2013.

1. HappyWulf

HappyWulf Just Joined

Is anyone playing HAWKEN? I mean, I see tons of people playing Warframe, but no one seems to know that HAWKEN even exists. Maybe it's time you checked it out then? =D It's Free! And has cosmetic micro-trans, so it's good on that spot. You're also given a basic mech for free, and 2 more mechs on a loaner basis that cycles every week, like LoL's free rotation.

Free-to-Play Mech FPS - HAWKEN: War is A Machine

Oh shoot! I almost forgot about the x2 Exp weekend! So glad I reminded myself! See you guys there?

2. burnx

burnx Well-Known Member

I used to play it, thought it was great. Stopped because there like zero people on the Asian servers :p

Have fun though :)

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  3. 2_islands

2_islands Lead Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

We did have a forum for HAWKEN however the game didn't seem to take off at a community level.

4. AvatarICEMAN

Just started playing and really enjoying it

5. Mr Triggerhappy

Mr Triggerhappy Getting Started

It's on steam now, so might actually become more popular now. Decent game, some nice tricks you can do with those mechs. Played it during open beta and want to get back into it more often now, maybe revive the HAWKEN forum?

6. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Well-Known Member

I've only had a quick play and it seems pretty cool... although I was playing thru my OR and I've still haven't got my VR legs but I must try it again!

7. verspunken

verspunken Active Member

I just bought this, after being thoroughly disappointed with the Titanfall beta. Going to be giving it a bash over the weekend - hopefully can find some populated Australian servers

8. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Even available under Steam Linux!

9. AvatarICEMAN

Sounds good to me.
    Ive gotten back into it and am keen to play with some people.

10. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

I just tried it, its not bad. And its hard to get a forum going since it was in closed beta when the forum was set up. Its still in beta, not sure how I got a key, but its letting me play on steam with out a founders pack.

Should pick up when it goes live as f2p, its already on steam its just in closed beta still so need to buy a pack to get in for those who didn't register long ago.

11. Genghoidal

Genghoidal Retired Captain

I'm playing this also. I'd bought some credits whilst it was in beta so straight in. It will be heaps of fun with a team. It's definitely a team game and pubbing can leave a bit to be desired.

12. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

If you use steam feel free to add Zalzany, although I think your on my list already. I just got mvp with that starter tv box with limbs lol Its like a more simple yet fast paced MWO, although haven't played mech warrior in months...

Well its official economy sucks it was all fun till I wanted to buy things now I am looking at the HC gain and being pretty off put. I mean score mvp and win, and the biggest bonus I get is the 50 for winning, kind of use to some sort of reward system, not win or lose your gonna grind for 5 hours for a cheap mech, then another 3 hours just to get basic equipment. Use to Setting up those time tables, but also use to being delighted as the rare epic wins push me ahead hours. You know those matches where you make like 3x what your average is, that you walk away from feeling good, those don't exist.

Once I got over the first 3 in a row MVP matches, and started looking at HC gain it went from fun to just grinding, I mean I expect that with rep grinding, but this is money in a PVP game great matches are suppose to come with great rewards not the knowledge that I made 30% more then I would of if I lost and 30% of barely anything is still not much. Its still in testing so I will keep it installed since economy is one of the big things that gets tweaked in F2Ps like this, but I am not grinding again on that solo, till I can match that feeling of awesome for scoring MVP and killing like a mad man shows up when compared to the credits from the match where I gave it my all and lost 12 to 38 kills.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  13. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

I love to spank geng's rear end, so I'm in like flynn... well in a few weeks time when I get back to my gaming pc... :(

14. Genghoidal

Well I would have dropped maybe $20 on it to unlock all the mechs that I was keen on getting. I have not paid attention to how long grinding it all out may take. Too many games to grind on any one - so they get a few bucks to get me started quickly and enjoy the time that I have there.

15. 2_islands

Just a note that I'm monitoring this thread re member activity to gauge potential for a member forum.

16. AvatarICEMAN

Ooh we had a good game of it on the weekend, there were 4 of us in the bots wave section.
    and managed to get quite high a few times. Quite a bit of fun.

17. 2_islands

Very tempted to buy the Steam packs.

18. verspunken

verspunken Active Member

It's only $10 now, if you settle for the Prosk bundle with 3 mechs.

I'm enjoying the reaper quite a lot - trying to snipe people in mid air is fun. Reminds me of the rail gun in Quake.

19. Genghoidal

I'm bashing out a game or 3 at the end of the night. Often around midnight if anyone else is keen. Teaming up is definitely recommended - you will have much more fun. I'm looking forward to it.

20. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

Action on local servers?

I'm still a while away before getting back to my gaming pc... :(