[DONE] Hello my name is Glitched

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Glitched, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Glitched

Glitched Getting Started

What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?

Currently playing on PC
    Overwatch (primarily)
    Titanfall 2
    Paladins
    Destiny 2 (just started and a little lost)
    ESO (low-level character dabbling)
    Currently playing on Occulus Quest
    Dead and Buried 2
    Swords of Gartganuta

Looking to play upcoming releases
    Gears 5
    COD MW

I recently stepped away from but had years of play primarily and nearly exclusively on WoW (since Vanilla).

What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?

At a friend’s house – Pong
    At my aunt’s house - Odyssey 2000
    First one that was mine – Atari 2600

First PC – Commodore Vic 20 (pre C64)

Why do you want to join TOG?

Recently stepped away from WoW and most if not all players in my guild are WoW only gamers. No negative reason for stepping away from WoW just wanted to play something else. I am now looking for people closer to my age to play the games I am now on with. No drama, no trolling, pretty much the environment described in the TOG Forum and Server Guidelines.

For a little more of the motivation to look for a group of adults to game with. I recently had a decent game played on Overwatch and decided to stay as a team (through in game option) and as the other team members asked me to stay with the team through text chat. Next match the people on the team started sending me some friend requests. I thought well awesome, then they started talking, asking me to get on discord and I would really be surprised if any of them were over 12. So, uhm, yeah, not exactly the people I am looking to regularly play games with.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a veteran, married (since 92 (yep one wife)), youngest child just started college. Currently work for the DoD as a paper pusher (nothing exciting). I used to play a lot of Halo 2 on the Xbox under the gamer tags “thedeadduck” and “psychojunglecat”. I currently have a PS4 and Xbox one but I am not active on them. They were mostly used by my kids, but I may start using consoles again now that the kids are out of the house. My main non-video game toy is a Mustang so if you see "pony" in a tag that is what the reference means.

Battlenet name - Glitched 11957
    Steam name - Glitched

CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Oooooooooooooooh you were doing so well until you said WoW. Then I thought of Sysmon... and all the work I directly blame him for.

But hey! Great ap' mate and welcome to TOG :)

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

Moose and Sysmon like this.
  3. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft -= SILVER Patreon =- Captain

He is stepping away from WoW, Shrubs. So you are safe, even it it must be a glitch!

:D S

Shrubbo likes this.
  4. Glitched

Glitched Getting Started

Thanks for the welcome. Not even going to try to decipher the WoW talk there, I'll figure it out along the way though. I have also applied for the Steam group and look forward to getting to know and shot by many of the gamers here!

CAMMO, Sysmon and Shrubbo like this.