[DONE] Hello Old Timers from Toonces007

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by toonces007, Oct 24, 2009.

1. toonces007

toonces007 Just Joined

It is apparent the new generation of gamers just don't have the same level of appreciation for today's visually spectacular video games as us old coots do . I grew up playing Tron, Pitfall, and Frogger on the Atari. Compared to today's games, the graphics were pathetic. Even the games on our phones today look 1,000 times better than Defender did in 1980. I can remember getting off work from Dillards in 1987 and then going to the Raleigh Springs Mall video arcade where my friend worked. He'd open up the games and we'd play for "free" for hours. When Nintendo came out we all thought that was some cool shit; we were in high school and college then. Then I moved onto the PS1 from there to the PC games.

I only mention this history to show that I sincerely qualify to be a member of the Older Gamers, because I've been in the game since the beginning. I love being the old fart on 2142 and still ranking in the top five at the end of the round. The games I'm playing now on PC are 2142, BF2, QWET, Orange Box, Crysis, World at War, and Star Wars Empire at War although I do have Star Craft installed for throw back purposes. On the PS3 I'm playing Burn Out: Paradise, Orange Box, SOCOM ( I totally suck at it ) and BF Bad Company. I'm trying to figure out which game to get next for either system. I enjoy team/squad play and old fashioned death match.

My game ID in all the above games and PS3 is toonce007 so please add me to your buddy list.

Cheers,

Todd

chippie likes this.
  2. Deadmans

Deadmans Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG! I think you will find the entire FPS Division a dream come true for you. We have many active players within that division and since you play so many games you should find more and more people to play with for a good bit.

Maybe we will get to play together some in the near future as I am waiting for CODMW2 to come out but I will admit I usually play MMO's so my skills are nothing compared to yours I am sure.

Again welcome and enjoy your time here this is a great community!

3. Killer Squirrel

Killer Squirrel Well-Known Member

In a tree in Ashin's yard. Bumbee cut down my tree
    Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 36,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

Thank you
    Killer Squirrel

4. toonces007

toonces007 Just Joined

I hope that through xFire and in-game buddy lists people contact me about what games they are playing. I use xFire to join on friends often. My xFire ID is toonces007. Please add me to your list. I've looked briefly at CoDMW2. I do not have CoDMW. I like the game play of World at War, but I despise not being able to choose a spawn point and not having functional squads.

5. Kriv

Kriv Active Member

Toonces is a real life friend of mine. Welcome to TOG!

6. toonces007

toonces007 Just Joined

Thanks

I am in the xFire group too now. I look forward to joining up with TOG players for fragging.

7. chippie

chippie Well-Known Member

Welcome Toon :D. Yes great games and division, a bit of discusion on MW2 though lol. Welcome again ;)