Hello TOG

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Sydski, Nov 1, 2007.

1. F3rr3t

F3rr3t Retired Captain

The Best Bit, Nelsonbay, NSW, Orstraylee-a
    Welcome to TOG.

And welcome to your new addiction.

hehehehehe..... no ever leaves this place....

Cheers from Eve online

2. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Well-Known Member

What's Good Game?

*giggle*

Welcome aboard SydSki, may I suggest you abandon WOW and skip over to Team Fortress to have some fun instead? :D

/me hides from level 70 WOWzers

I played it on-line for the first time last night... I've never had so much fun getting shot at before; so much so. this morning my jaw was hurting from smiling too much.

For those worried about missing Good Game, and a chance to see Father on TV, don't worry, nick on over to the ABC site and watch past episodes from the comfort of your PC. Ya can even down load them to watch them in bed.

I know I did.

Whoa, Geeza, phoar! pant pant :D

3. WhaCk

WhaCk Retired Captain

Hey Sydski... Welcome to TOG

Great show to btw.... whenever you wanna do a feature on Unreal Tournament give us a call :p

You'll enjoy TOG its a great place for Creaky Old Gamers to exercise ;)

4. Awe$oMe

Awe$oMe Retired Captain

Hey! Welcome to TOG. I'm sure you will enjoy your stay here as much as we love your show.

1 person likes this.
  5. Dressy

Dressy Guest

Crikeys, our talent pool just went up a notch...and i have been working so hard to keep it down.

Welcome Syd have fun in the world of older nutters ;-)

6. Sydski

Sydski Just Joined

Awww thanks so much everyone - I feel all warm and fuzzy already :) Yes I am over 25 and loving every second of it.. I have BF2142 but have not actually tried it yet but would love to.. I will surely come to WoW - I have a 70 NE Druid on Bathilas but she's been neglected of late.. can't say I actually remember how to play her that well so I might tread slowly with her at first... I would love to get down and dirty with TF2.. I'm still lost to portal and determined to eat my cake or not!

@Father, we have a story about how games are rated coming up in next weeks ep. Not sure that it really answers the question about why we don't have an R rating though.. the OFLC we're a bit reticent to comment actually.

Always looking for suggestions for stories though - we're very interested in Eve but no one on the team really plays it so would really love to hear from anyone who knows a lot about it - we did hear there were all sorts of things going down on the single server game (not all nice) but that could be all over by now or a total media beat up?

Again my thanks and I really look forward to meeting you :) and Thanks for the kind comments about the show.. means a lot...

Syd

7. pentu

pentu Retired Captain

Hi and welcome to TOG, Sydski. Come into the COD forum and maybe we'll convert you :)

8. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

G'day and welcome aboard.

One thing is for sure, if you remember GEEZA's quotes in his short interview, time is never a worry. You play whenever you can and if you have to nick off, so be it. Have fun mate, oh yeah, Wayfarer is right about TF2, a hoot of a game. :D

9. GEEZA

GEEZA Retired Advisor

I don't know why I let them all hang around with me Sydski :D

Love your work.

Welcome to TOG. I don't know if anyone has told you, but you have access to all normal member forums, so jump around and stick your nose in wherever it takes your fancy.

Everyone is really friendly...Father let me fondle his bum while I was over in Sydney for the Lan...:D:D:D

10. Firthy

Firthy Well-Known Member

Well, ello then Sydski, pull up a chair, grab a brew and enjoy :)

11. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I don't think you will find a shortage of EVE players here, as a matter of fact TOG runs one of the biggest Corps in the EVE universe.

The main man Carlsberg is also from Belgium but unlike me you would have to travel over there to talk to him, but I'm sure he'll accept your invitation to come to Australian, mind you us Belgians only travel First Class :p.

All joking aside you will find some very hardcore EVE addicts in TOG that are Australia based so if you want to get some content on the matter just holler and I'll get you hooked up with the right people.

Cheers

12. FeZza

FeZza Well-Known Member

Hiya Sydski and welcome :) As to WoW, TOG has Large guilds on many servers. Proudmore server for example has 2 large Guilds of close to 500 members each in Alliance and 1 or 2 for Horde. Jump down to the WoW forums and have a look. Thousands of TOGgers playing WoW at different levels there. Not sure about Bathilas, but only $25 AUD to transfer a toon these days and happens real quick :)

Enjoy yer stay and just yell out if ya need a hand with anything. The response will usually overwhelm you ;)

13. N3uRoTiC

N3uRoTiC Retired Captain

Welcome to the nuthouse, the nurse will be around soon with the meds, so pull up a wheelchair, relax, and enjoy.

14. mettleking

mettleking Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness .. where is Raven with the meds ????

Oh .. and by the way .. welcome aboard Sydski and enjoy your stay with us :D

15. UNK

UNK Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard the good ship TOG! you will find endless supplys of friends and adventure here. Great Job on the episode!

16. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Hi Sydski welcome to TOG.

My son (15) and I (41) have watched every episode so far so at least you have us two as your fans. :p

Don't let these old guys and girls scare you to much their smile is worse then their bit. (insert because they are a bunch of gummy sharks) :D

TOG has plenty to offer so find a nitch in one or more of our Forums and get stuck into a few games.

The more the merrier. :)

17. Vulcan21

Vulcan21 Well-Known Member

Hello, welcome and enjoy your stay with us ! :D

18. Raccoon

Raccoon Well-Known Member

Welcome. If it's the social side of gaming you want you came to the right place. The lounge should be fairly safe to visit now I don't venture into it too often. :wink: BTW, loved the way the segment on TOG was introduced with the intelligence briefing style. Nice work. :)

19. koolmick

koolmick Well-Known Member

Hi syd,welcome
    i really enjoy what you and the GG crew do
    thanks

20. YZ250

YZ250 Well-Known Member

Gday Syd and welcome m8