[Heroes & Generals] Heroes & Generals

Discussion in 'FPS Mess Hall (Public)' started by Rhime, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Rhime

Rhime Active Member

I've been playing off and on now for a couple years. They just added Russian involvement and gear. Graphics are excellent as is gameplay. There's an RPG dynamic towards your toon as well.
    I urge you to check it out and let's start playing regularly..:)
    NEWS | Heroes and Generals HQ

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  2. Galaxystridor

Galaxystridor Getting Started

Ive been checking it out for the last month, there are still some bugs here and there! nothing game shattering mind you, only problem I see is the game was developed over a decade ago and they have been real slow to make upgrades.

There are also a ton of hacks for this game on the internet, you can usually tell when someone is hacking when they engage you you lag badly, but even with the hackers its still a blast and you can still do allot of killing and raising levels.

You gain rank (which opens new skills a nd access to new vehicles and weapons), medals (which give bonuses), training for your individual weapons, Vehicles you can upgrade almost anything in the game,

Deffinatly a game to check out, the real cool thing is you can join in on the war and actually lead troops as an officer and eventually have an effect on the outcome of the war ;)

Or you can jump into a skirmish for some quick killing (which doesn't effect the current wars outcome its just a fun fast way to kill heheh some time)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  3. Jessica

Jessica Getting Started

I LOVE Heroes and Generals. If any of you play you can add me, I'm JessicaBranch. My main is a German Recon.

4. Galaxystridor

Galaxystridor Getting Started

Heheh my main is Pappy Jenks a E-9 Command Sgt Major,almost to 2nd Lt
    American side hes almost maxed out in Airborne, Recon, Infantry, Medium skills in Armor and Pilot, is almost maxed out in every weapon on the American list and a few German and Russian weapons to.

I also have a German Infantryman low skills name is Shultz (I see nothing)

It would be great if we could get some TOG players in the game and mybe get a H&G chapter opened, I think the folks here would love the strategic command element and the FPS side.

il add you to my friends list so we can hook up when your on ;)

Heres the link to there website.
    http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/co...w-forward-airfield-map-is-now-live#more-19085

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  5. Destraex

Destraex Getting Started

Last night early in the morning a few of us got off to a very distracted game of heroes and generals. So much so that I was almost like a zombie walking around getting shot. I do like playing the Americans and hope to try the soviets soon. For a BETA can be bunch of fun but it can also be a very frustrating game. Over all it's a good experience of old school retro goodness, explosions and a lot of strange combination load outs to be tried. To be honest though if I could have red orchestra 3 with all these late war vehicles and this kind of tech tree I would be very happy. As it is some of the more gamey aspects do get annoying. But are to be expected. People strap bombs to the front of jeeps for instance and run them into tanks

The game is fleshed out by a lot of perks that come in the form of collection badges. A lot of nice innovations like ducking or bicycles that ensure you do not spend time travelling, but when you do you earn movement badges which can be used for buffing stamina and other movement related things.
    Game is free to play and BETA currently I am not planning on spending. Just making up one of the chumps that enjoys and gets whatever unlocked along the way. This is the only way to play free games lest you get concerned about unlocks and start spending.

One of the great pleasures of this game are the rare equipment and functions like tank riding that are present.
    I had a model of the Chaffee light tank when I was a kid that had skeeter on the side. I swear this is one of the best looking tanks of all time.

You can change ammunition types for most weapons, weapon colours, Camo for your character and you do have to repair and rearm your weapons to maintain them.

Another unique feature is the assault groups and Generals.
    An assault group is created of each different arm in a battle as far as I can tell. When you join a squad with your friends you must all be an armoured or infantry or paratrooper etc player to join the same squad. In game if you run out of tank supply (you get 6 or so depending on the tank) you revert to another one of your characters and then I believe back to a base character if the battle is still going when you run that assault group into the dirt.
    Then we have generals. Highly ranked players can choose to run the entire war from a strategic map by moving around these battlegroups. This part of the game can be managed from an android or apple device I believe.

6. Art_UNLEA5HED

Art_UNLEA5HED Active Member

I've been playing this for a couple months and quite happy with it, I haven't come across very many hackers at all and hardly any bugs. Im using a german tankman and its great fun apart from those pesky players with anti tank mines,Im loving it. Add me : UNLEA5HED

7. Plugger

Plugger Well-Known Member

Just started playing this week. Loving it so far. Looking for some squad options but not sure how many in TOG are playing?

8. Valkazon

Valkazon Active Member

Hiya, I've been playing for a few weeks on US side, enjoying it so far. Like people have said there are the odd bugs but overall great fun and free.
    Toon = Valkazon

9. Plugger

PluggerAU = Add me

10. bobcee

bobcee Active Member

Motownbob, add me.

11. Plugger

I've added everyone here who put their name up as a friend in game / not Steam yet.

I have a question about Squad Leaders. How do they work and how can you become one because there's been times when my team are running around like F-Troop clueless.

Cheers

12. Beavis

Beavis Well Torn Member and Previously Retired Captain

You create a squad before joining a map and send invites to your friends who then join your squad and they have to 'ready up' before you launch 'find a game'.Your friends will follow/join with you when a game is found.
    We are in TS when we play as I don't think you can direct your squad in-game unless you use in-game chat.
    Also if you are say a paratrooper and are creating a squad only paratroopers can join you in the lobby,so we just start as infantry and swap to paratrooper/tanker in game.
    We normally use one player to create a squad that we know usually gets us into a low ping server.

13. bobcee

bobcee Active Member

Hi, re the below post, what channel in ts.

14. Beavis

Beavis Well Torn Member and Previously Retired Captain

^^^ I rent a TS server as a few of my friends who play online are not in TOG,I'm sure you could use one of the spare channels in TOG ts.

15. CAMMO

CAMMO Guardian and a Great bloke ... Division Captain

Sounds like you are already incharge mate.;)

16. BIRD

BIRD Getting Started

This is the best WW2 FPS game out there at the moment.
    I'm done with RO. This is it....for now.

17. Jessica

Jessica Getting Started

I've just added everyone

18. Bezdomny

Bezdomny Just Joined

I've been playing about a month and find it great fun. Up to this point mostly as an American in Staged Battles to level up. Working on modding my para's M1 carbine; it's a BB gun at the moment.

EmpireDown is my in-game name.

19. Plugger

Ill enquire about a TS channel on the TOG members. Stay tuned

20. 2_islands

2_islands Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late! Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Channel near top under Any Games Channel until someone can tell me where this should belong.