Hi from New Member

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Churchill, Apr 5, 2003.

1. Churchill

Churchill Retired Captain

Hi,

Just introducing myself.

I'm 30 years of age from Sydney. I'm available to play fairly regularly with a bit of notice.

I have just about every game for GA so I'm keen to play just about anything. Looking for some friendly competition within TOG and against other clans/groups.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

2. GhostDog

GhostDog Retired Administrator

Hello Mr. Punishment. Welcome to TOG - hope you find gaming happiness here... the rest of us all have.

But before we welcome you into all areas of TOG with open arms, you wouldn't happen to be the same Corp. Punishment I happened to see kicking around Market Garden on a GameArena BF1942 Server tonight wearing an Elite Stealth Forces tag, would you?

It won't be anything personal, but on the off chance that you are one and the same, we might not grant you access to our private BF forum until after the BF game with ESF that should be happening at the end of the week :D

We'll have to see what the big boss (Father) says - you need to send him an email with your details to get fully signed up.

3. Churchill

Reputation Proceeding Me.....

Sadly, this is not the case....TOG is my first foray into any organised online gaming. I thought I was being very original with my nickname....

I've never been a member of another clan/group, but I'm confident you'll have no doubt of that when you actually see me play BF1942...Let's just say I have some work ahead of me.

4. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Getting Started

Hi ya CP, you cant blame Ghost dog for being paranoid, people really are out to get him. :) Welcome, guess you've read all the stuff on the home page re joining us and emailed father etc.

We pride ourselves on the fun we have playing rather than the skill level so dont be to fussed about how well you play. I'm the worlds worst SOFII player and they still let me in the matches. Unfortunately Corporal punishment isnt really the worlds most original name but if thats what you want then go for it. If you want us to call you something else then let us know. hope to see you around the servers.

5. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

Welcome CP. :) As Pseudo said, whatever name you choose is fine. If you want to change it, I'm sure that would be ok too. After all, we've already had one person change their nick, haven't we?

Pseudo.. if it isn't Cpl Punishment, what about Sgt Slaughter? Pvt Parts? Maj Disaster? Gen Mayhem?

Baah. It's late, and I'm going to sleep. ;)

6. Mad

Mad Retired Captain

Welcome Corp Punishment, do you play Soldier of Fortune 2 under another clan?

I have seen a Corp Punishment running around in the SOF2 circle, are you the same Corp Punishment?

7. Tri

Tri Well-Known Member

Only a corporal.......everyone else here thinks they're at least a 1 star general, you need a promotion :lol:

8. Fox

Fox Clown Administrator Administrator Moderator

Don't worry about your skill levels mate. I've found that in BF, I suck as an assaulter so I like to volunteer for sniper or AT roles and most recently artillery.

You'll find your niche and there's a darn good chance TOG can accomodate you.

Welcome aboard.

9. GhostDog

GhostDog Retired Administrator

Lol, yep that's true - but only because I'm out to get them :)

It was just a bizarre coincidence then - I don't think I've seen that many Corporal Punishments out there. I literally popped into a server for 5 mins before bedtime last night, and Punishment stood out a lot - due to the ESF Tag, due to the long name, due to the fact I flukily bombed him twice in a stolen plane, and due to the fact he kicked bottom and got the bronze on a 40 something player server....
    ...and then I came to the forums, saw your post and the little guy with horns and a tail who sits on my shoulder started saying "Its him! He's a spy! Get him!".

Anyway, welcome; forgive my conspiracy theorist attitude :oops: Look forward to seeing you around.

...just one last question... you didn't used to be in clan iNSomnia, did you??
    (joke) :D

10. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hey, I'm not a general, I'm a captain :p

Welcome Corporal *salutes*

11. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

Welcome aboad!! I may as well start poaching for SWG before Redman start swith his inevitable C&C hard sell .... :)

12. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Well-Known Member

I take issue with this comment Pseudo, I am the worlds worst SOF2 player and will not stand for anyone trying to claim my mantle! :D Even the wife beat me online yesterday.... :(

Welcome CP, I look forward to seeing you online :)

13. Pseudonym

Pseudonym Getting Started

Just dont pinch my alter ego name of Necrotic Bowels. And Grim I am hurt that you would even dare suggest that you are a worse SOFII player than me. I think Mrs Grim should play SOFII for TOG just so i can prove that she can beat me easier than she can beat you.

I am so bad that not only cant i kill the enemy i cant even get a TK

14. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Maybe we should advertise our skills in the private forum, lol

15. Derelict

Derelict Retired Administrator

Psst Father... Shhhhhh

This is an advertisement to allow guests to get a false sense of security!

In saying that. I agree with both Grim and Pseudo. They're both crappy players... all games they play they're really crappy. :wink:

Heck. I'm not that good myself. :p :lol:

16. Arienne

I thought our skills were pretty obvious in the public domain anyway Father :lol:

17. GrimReaper

GrimReaper Well-Known Member

ROFL :D

I am sure that if we both try really really hard in this weeks ladder match that we can both get our first TK's. (TK'ing each other doesnt count!) :D

18. EnglishBob

EnglishBob Retired Advisor

Well guys, I'd rather you didn't TK me on Tuesday if at all possible :D . Have enough problems dodging enemy bullets / grenades.

Remember if the cross-hairs turn red, don't press the left mouse button .......

19. Arienne

Why?

:p

20. Churchill

It's Ok Everyone....

You can all settle down..... :wink:

I own every game that TOG currently plays and I suck at all of them!

What I will say is:

- Thanks for the welcome. It has just reinforced my opinion that I've finally found a group of gamers I can relate to

- I consider myself reliable, so if you invite me along to compete at any time, I'll be there!

- I know BF1942 is pretty full, but if any other captains are looking for a player, let me know (email, Messenger or PM is fine)

Thanks again.