Hi, I'm FaceAche

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by FaceAche, May 6, 2006.

1. FaceAche

FaceAche Just Joined

Hi all

I'm FaceAche, a 32 year old gamer from Hamilton, New Zealand.

I've basically been a gamer all my life, kicking off with the good old ZX81 back in the early 80's, but then carrying on through to the Amstrad, C64, Spectrum (yep, had all 3), Sega SC3000, Amiga, early 90's PC gaming, Playsyation, Xbox and most recently Xbox 360.

I have to say though, i don't really get into PC gaming; i long gave up on spending the big bucks trying to keep my crappy PC up to spec (my NZD$5000 Pentium 133, with 16meg of ram and a whopping 1gb HDD was state-of-the-art when i bought it in 1990!!).

As i say, it's pretty much 100% XBox 360 nowadays, so would be good to meet a few peeps from downunder to game with (due to Xbox Live lag issues over long international distances).

I'm far from hardcore; mainly into having fun, and i particularly enjoy the co-op side of online gaming, as i just don't have the skills to mix it up with the more hardcore clans out there (which they all seem to be, hardcore that is).

Workwise, i'm an underwriter for a commercial insurance company; i essentially assess commercial liability and property risk to the insurer and then set the premium. Its a career that requires ongoing study, so between work, study, playing guitar, and gaming, lifes pretty busy.

I'm originally from the UK, Liverpool to be exact, but my olds brought me over to NZ for a better life when i was just a few months old.

XBox 360 games i'm currently playing are; Call of Duty 2, PGR3, Perfect Dark Zero, and Ghost Recon. I'm generally available for gaming evenings and weekends, so flick me a friends request if you're keen to hook up (GamerTag is FaceAche).

By the way, i was made aware of TOG by the Edmund Tadros article on the Sydney Morning Herald website - good article too, i expect you'll get a few new memberships as a result.

Would be good if some admin could please hit me with the TOG stick - i look forward to getting to know you all a bit better.

Any further q's, just ask away.

Cheers and thanks
    Face

P.S: Wow, epic post - oh well, better too much info than too little i guess! :D

P.P.S: Sorry, nearly forgot (okay DID forget); I have read, and accepted, the terms and conditions of the site (FAQ & AUP).

2. Raven

Raven Well-Known Member

Welcome to the nut-house, FaceAche :)

Soon an admin will call ur number and then hand u a straitjacket, once ur thru the gate pls make ur way past the rubber rooms to the Lounge where the chairs are sooooo comfy u wont want to leave ;)

3. <Claymore>

<Claymore> Getting Started

Welcome FaceAche,

Ahhh another New Zealand Resident, that gets you an extra special welcome... not many of us here yet...but we are growing in number. :D The 2 I know of play UT2004... so if you ever want to look us up just pop on in the the UT forum... Satanx and Myself are usually in there. :cool:

I see you are just over the Bombays from me.... good one. :eek:

Well I see you have done everything that is required so take a seat in reception and one of the Admins will be along with the Big TOG stick to TOGgerise you.

Would you like Tea , Coffee or something stronger while you wait? :D

Again welcome to the nut house that Father built.

4. mettleking

mettleking Well-Known Member

Where is that bowl of nuts anyways Highlander ... and BTW welcome to TOG faceache

5. Janus

Janus Hope is Alive

Welcome to TOG, FaceAche.

I've made you a member, so you should now have access to the private forums.

Now.. what's a New Zealander doing reading the SMH? :)

Enjoy your stay with us.

6. DogMeat

DogMeat Active Member

Welcome aboard.