Hiya fellow old people ;)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by 6stringnut, Dec 20, 2005.

1. 6stringnut

6stringnut Getting Started

Heya everyone,

Might be a tad early, but with the smileys wearing Santa's hat, I guess its not out of place to wish you all a safe and merry Christmas.

I came across ToG probably over a year ago while playing WoW on Proudmoore and did think about joining up, but somehow never got to it and quit WoW sometime between then and now. Anyways, there I go rambling on before introducing myself :p

I'm 32 years young :mrgreen:, started my gaming obsession from the times of Atari 2600 to C64 to pcs and through the era of MMORPG starting with UO to EQ to EQ2 then WoW. I wonder how many years of my life lost clicking buttons and looking at sprites and polys sometimes.... but I'd gladly do it again if I was given all that time back :wink: .

I didn't particularly enjoy my last MMORPG, WoW. Nothing against the young and gaming newcomers, but as I get older, somehow I never bought into those L33t H4x0r stuff and I crave the company of people who are starting to either get as bald and/or wrinkly as yours truly. Kinky huh ? But please don't run... I don't smell that funny ! Really !

Anyways with the holidays coming up, I've started trialling Eve Online and found that it brought back fond memories of Elite, Privateer, etc. . That and wanting to find a group of folks who are more adult oriented, playing at around Oz evening times, pretty much gives me enough motivation to ask if ToG would consider my membership application :) .

I've read the FAQ and AUP, and promise I won't accost the more elderly member of this fine establishment on the playground and take their lunch money :twisted: .

2. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hiya mate! You've met the reqs so I've made you a member. You should now have access to the private forums. Enjoy :D

3. Zlipzlop

Zlipzlop Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG :D

There's a bloody lot of us. Don't get lost now

4. CFodder

CFodder Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG 6string :D.

If you're in need of a shoot everything in sight fix (with some tactics thrown in - but I leave that to other people) you could try Planetside as well ... there's a 10 day trial going on at the moment as well.

But hope ya enjoy Eve, may give it a go myself if I get the chance.

5. IsaMiner

IsaMiner Well-Known Member

Welcome on the good ship TOG.

Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to you and your Family :wink: :lol:

6. griller

griller Active Member

--

Welcome To TOG 6stringnut :D

7. viking

viking Retired Advisor

Welcome

Welcome mate :D

8. 6stringnut

6stringnut Getting Started

Thanks !

Thx Rickety and also for the warm welcome guys :).

You take the cake for the gross avatar CFodder (pun intended) :p. Thx for the Planetside tip, might give that a try as well during the holidays.