[DONE] Hiyas from WOW's Proudmoore server (Horde)

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Zennsketch, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Zennsketch

Zennsketch Getting Started

Hey there,

I play on the horde faction on the Proudmoore server in WOW. You can call me DoubleCranko (my character name), or just Zenn. I've been playing in my own little guild for a while now, with my brothers and best friend, but they've all pretty much went Alliance, so I need a place to put my Hordies. I ran a very successful, very large guild for a little over 7 years, and have been playing WOW since BC first dropped. I saw the Proudmoore listing for the guild and thought it'd be nice to actually be part of a guild that was active again. So here I am.

A little more about myself!

I'm 37yo and genderfluid with she/her pronouns, and I work as a game designer in the AAA industry as well as a teacher in game design for higher education/undergraduates. My favorite game is Dungeons and Dragons and i've been playing it for over 21 years (and DM'ing), both in person and online. The first machine I played on was an Atari 2600 when I was 5. Pole Position and a Boy and His Blob were my jams, but I also loved Pitfall.

I collect vintage games (board,dice,card,video etc.) and have thousands of them. Fun fact: all of my characters are named after something game related. Cool points if you know what Double Cranko is a reference to!

I want to join TOG because I'm tired of playing an MMO by myself. I don't get tons of time to play during the week, so the time I do get each day is precious to me, so I want to enjoy it and be social in the process. I've done the raiding thing and the hardcore progression thing, and the guild lead thing. I do not have any interest in those things at this point in my life. My career is intensely creatively draining, and so i love just shutting off my designer brain and playing WOW and having some laughs. Also, being around older people would be nice, because I teach college-age students every day as well, and...I'd prefer a break from that in my 'fun'.

I live in the Midwest, USA, and I typically play between 6pm PST and 10pm PST on weekdays, and weekends a bit longer both earlier and later. I also sometimes play during my lunch hours, if I don't have to work through lunch. (one benefit of being a game designer is...my work PC is pretty kick ass :D ).

I am recently divorced and my children are all grown up. I have six cats and I run a Slime shop on Etsy (which will be open soon). Let's see..what else? I have a ton of tattoos and absolutely LOVE games of all kinds. I am a huge fan of 90s cartoons (Angry Beavers for life!) and the show MASH. I collect dice and have...tens of thousands of them. One day I will swim in them like Scrooge McDuck!

I'm happy to answer any other questions, really.

newfulla and Tulgar like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

I am a Wilder beast :D

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

3. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader Staff Member Moderator

6 cats!!! are you mad! :p Most welcome @Zennsketch. I basically started by TOG indoctrination on Proudmore for the horde 13 years ago! Great group of people. Crazy that that game is still so popular.

We hope you find your long term gaming community here.

Shrubbo likes this.
  4. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

WOW players like console players, should be tarred and feathered..

Just joking... Welcome to TOG @Zennsketch :p

Awesome introduction and bio, little curious about the slime shop. :D

CAMMO and Shrubbo like this.
  5. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft Captain

How many tattoos is there in a tonne? Either way, welcome! There's some horde presence within TOG on Proudmoore, although I think we have lost a lot to Alliance over the year. I wonder if it is because of the space goats. They are pretty cool.

:D S

Tulgar, newfulla and Shrubbo like this.
  6. Zennsketch

Zennsketch Getting Started

How would I go about getting an invite there? I haven't heard back from anyone yet, so i've joined a temp guild for the moment...but I def want in this guild :)

7. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

Hey @Zennsketch so you can get an idea of this place and its size I'll walk you through it. When you posted here you just joined TOG. TOG has many divisions for many games, you need to now go to that specific division to sign up to it. Remember you can surf around the place at will and check out any other game division and do the same thing but lets get you into the WOW division.

In the links I provided above there is this one.

MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)

In the MMORPG you will find World of Warcraft: The Dark Portal

In World of Warcraft: The Dark Portal you will see a list of all things WOWey and then you will see a couple of Proudmore links.

Proudmoore [US] - Thorns of Gold

Proudmoore [US] - Thorns of Grey

Honestly I don't know which of them you are after because none of them have guns/jet or rocket engines and work in VR so of little interest to me but I do know if you go into the one that is relevant to you then you will then see a link in the stickies on that page where you post your details to get an invite in.

newfulla and Sysmon like this.
  8. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft Captain

WoW in VR would be pretty cool though.

:D S

Shrubbo likes this.
  9. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

The should start a guild called "...Winter is coming"

[​IMG]

Shrubbo likes this.