how do i hook up with the games?

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by stonecold, Aug 28, 2004.

1. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

I cant figger out how to hook up with the IP sites listed in the stickys about signing up. I dl and installed teamspeak [even tho i'm deaf] now what do I do to register and get a tag?

2. Easy_Beat

Easy_Beat Retired Moderator

Adelaide, SA Occupation: Fox´s Muse TOG_Sponsor: $
    Don't mean to sound harsh or anything, but you need to post in the appropriate forum ie the game you are refering to.

As to your problem, what game are you having trouble with? I find that if you use COGS (an application that allows you to play on GameArena servers in Australia) then you can enter your favourite server IP's into it, and then use COGS to launch that game, automatically connecting to the server IP. Saves a lot of ALT-TABbing or writing down of IPs. Just click on the Add Server button, select the game that the IP is for, and enter the IP and OK it. As easy as that.

As to the TS thing. I don't know if you are mute or not, but you could still use TS to announce to the others that, in game, you got shot, and where you got shot, just that you wouldn't be able to hear their response

3. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

i'm talking about ANY game..COD , SOF2 , racing.
    I'm in USA, so lets for instance the spitfire group. I cant understand what the sticky is talking about, with the teamspeak thing. I open it, and click connections/quick connect/enter the IP #, and get message 'no reply from server. is it only open at 7PM?
    how do I get the tog tag for ID?

4. Easy_Beat

TOG tag is just refering to you entering "TOG | stonecold" as your nickname. I just tried to connect to the TS server now, and I have been able to connect to it. You are using the full IP (including port) (edited out port)

Cool, saw you get onto TS.

5. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

ok im in but how do i type messages?
    im deaf with no mic

6. max63

max63 Retired Advisor

hey stonecold,add these server IP's to your call of duty favorites list in multiplayer options,
    U.S. server#1 IP: 67.18.168.107:28960 "standard map server"
    U.S. server#2 IP: 67.18.168.110:28960 "custom map server"(download all custom maps from www.togstats.com)
    Australian sever IP: 203.17.15.219:26000 "standard and custom maps"
    once you enter these TOG servers into your favorites, just highlite a TOG server,then click[server info] (lower right hand corner) ,you will be able to see who is playing in the game,to go into the game back out of server info,click onto join server,once in server use t-key to talk to anyone there,or use y-key to talk to your team only,hope this helps :D

7. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

OK, I ALMOST got into the game, but have another problem. I have a used version, and I get a message that the' key is in use...try again later'
    arrrggghhh!
    any way around the problem? I have played online with a friend in a private game..no public server tho.

8. max63

max63 Retired Advisor

nope,if you are using a used key,that key will always be a problem for ya,unless you can have the other person/'s stop using it all together

9. GhostDog

GhostDog Retired Administrator

If you don't want to buy the game, consider Enemy Territory or America's Army, both of which are free to download.

10. Easy_Beat

How would you go about this? Would you have to threaten them with letting the publisher of COD know that they are using the cd key without the original disk? I could only assume that the seller would just tell them to go and jam it.

11. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

many of those games have been bought , played, sold, copied, played and sold again, someone alog the way registered it online, and the others are up the creek trying to play it hard to say who to blame.
    what about soldier of fortune 2? I have that also. and far cry.

12. Easy_Beat

Ned is the SOF2 div capt so best to speak to him. Looks like they use ventrillo as their voice comms programme. Ned has a good sticky in the SOF forum for how to set this up. As for Far Cry, I wouldn't know who is the capt for that. Best bet would be to do a search of the site using the tabs at the top of the page.

13. stonecold

stonecold Just Joined

Damn! I wish I could play the COD with you guys...love that game! c'mon over to my place for a lan party!!

14. MotherFlanker

MotherFlanker Retired Journalist<br>Retired Advisor

Hate to say it but you could go get a new store copy it's about the only way stone might be worth the investment. i can't remember what mine cost i got it when it first came out. im sure its a lot cheaper now.
    dont forget to post in the private forums from now on this one is manily for introductions
    the lounge is a good place to start after that if its game specific go to that games thread.
    :D
    hope i get a chance to tk ya soon mate!

15. Arienne

Arienne The Woman in Red

No FarCry Division at this stage, haven't had the interest. If we get enough people who want to play, then we'll set one up for sure!

16. Ned

Ned Public Forum Coordinator

Hi!

Visit the TOG|SOF2 essentials and FAQs thread - LINKY - and other stickies.
    That should get you started. Anything else you'd like sorted just PM me or post in the SOF2 forums :wink:

The essentials and FAQs aren't finished yet. Hope to have them completed shortly... work in progress. Feel free to give me some feedback on them!! eg. anything else you feel should be added??

Let me know what US servers you play on and I'll join ya. Or, even easier, here's a handy program to help out - Xfire - http://www.xfire.com/xf/index.php. My username is togned.

There's some handy threads in 'The Lounge' regarding Xfire.

Cya 'round :)