Huxley Closed Beta Starts

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Howitzer, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Howitzer

Howitzer Well-Known Member

Hello all. I recently signed up through Fileplanet to be notified about this Closed Beta. I received notification today, as a subscriber, and am downloading the client as I write this. It is available as a Fileplanet Subscriber and most likely will be available in either open Beta or CB to non-subscribers soon.

I wanted to start a thread for any other TOG members that may be in Beta. So that we can group up and or discuss the game through closed channels since there is an NDA involved. Or perhaps set up a private venti server for this purpose.

I'm not much of a guild leader. And don't know the "in's and out's" of it that well. But I will do what I can to help out in this new game. So I better run to the Huxley web site and figure out how to play the game before I install it. ;)

Closed Beta period: 06/03/09 - 06/14/09

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. Bloodwrych

Bloodwrych Retired Moderator

Yeah I got the invite for the beta too.....
    Didn't realise until I went to get in that it is only available for usa and canadian fileplanet members :-(

Have fun in Huxley for any of you that did get in :)

Regards,
    B

3. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

I got in as well, however it doesn't seem to run in Win7. DOH!!!

4. Corpeces

Corpeces Well-Known Member

Yeah I got my invite day after I got my Aion invite....what to do what to do...and where am I gonna find the time!?

I'm so upset at this game it's using gameguard like Aion and Spellborn. I just can't get away from this freakin' gameguard!

5. Bloodwrych

Bloodwrych Retired Moderator

Glad i dint grab the client then.. im running windows 7 32 bit on this laptop....and gamegaurd doesnt play nice with it atm. BTW gday corp long time no see :)

6. Howitzer

Howitzer Well-Known Member

I and many others have already had problems with GameGuard. It's the first time I've ever seen it. Just what I need more crap on my computer. There was an issue right after the first patch. GameGuard would not connect properly. the launcher does an automatic upgrade to 5/5 files. But does not look for more after that. You need to run the "SCAN" button after the initial patch. It should patch another 8/8 files. Then you can get into the game.

Also the Beta forums are not available right away after signing up. There's a message saying it takes 24 hours for registration to go through for those forums.

I'm running Windows Vista 64. Seems to be working OK. But I don't think it likes ATI cards. We'll see.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  7. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

I will try it again since I "patched" gameguard on my Win7 box, however I would bet the gameguard.des is different for Huxley since the patch was for Aion.

8. sschrupp

sschrupp Getting Started

So is it worth it to spend $7 USD to get the Fileplanet subscrition for a month in order to try Huxley out for a week? :)

9. Caro

Caro Retired Captain

Well, got my invite for the close beta today and wait for the full 12 hours of my shift to be done before finally being able to come home and start downloading the thing. I did not request to join the Close Beta through fileplanet.. just requested it around mid-may through the Huxley site. I actually had forgotten about it until I saw my email this morning. :D

Currently Huxley crew is running CBT1 -

CBT1 - The first phase of the Beta Test is not the whole game. The client is smaller and the main cities, quests, PVE, and large-scale PVP contents are closed off. That means CBT1 is all about smaller scale PVP and PVP balance....

Testing times for CBT1 are 6/03/09 - 6/17/09 from 2:00pm PST until 10:00pm PST.

So is this worth the 7$ ?? I really can't say 'cause I have yet to try it, but considering that this is a very limited version of the game with a very short time frame of testing, I don't think I would pay for it personally!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  10. Piemole

Piemole Guild Officer

Hey guys.

I have only just found out about this one, it's been off the radar a bit.

I really like wat I see and I want in!

Let me know when the open beta comes round (or if anyone doesn't want their key... :))

11. Caro

Caro Retired Captain

Dunno for the others, but my offer came with my ijji account and is thus attached to my login, so no keys to share.

Haven't played enough to really have an idea about it yet.

As for the install..the main problem I ran on was the fact that I couldnt make the download blue button work via IE.. quick install of FireFox resolved that issue and the download went smoothly (even though I had to click back on the blue button everytime it asked me to restart the browser). As for GameGuard, zero issues here (I run on a Vista 32bit).