I have nothing else...please let me in!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Gargamel's Rage, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Gargamel's Rage

Gargamel's Rage Just Joined

Hey fellow travellers,

I am a 35yo married man and live in the Blue Mountains outside Sydney. I have read the AUP and FAQ, as well as the forum/server guidelines. I go to war each evening for a couple of hours, and for ridiculously long periods on the weekend.

I started gaming on Atari, then C64, and Doom on PC. I pretended to be grown-up for a while until a very wise friend gave me a Playstation as a wedding present. Then I moved to Xbox, and recently Xbox live - after I fell in love with Gears of War - 2 months ago. This has been my first online gaming experience and an eye-opener to what I have been missing, not to mention how bad I am comparatively!!! I have always played first/third person shooters but, now that I am playing people and not computers, its no longer just a game....

I am disappointed in lag issues for GOW on Xbox live, but also in being called a "retard" by kids over and over, but still love the game...especially the team element when you're playing with some decent people. I am also interested in exploring more true to life PC based first person shooters.

1 person likes this.
  2. Neric537

Neric537 Getting Started

awesome! gargamel is a great handle. why didn't i think of that myself? :p

anyway your app is in order. admin should swoop by shortly to review and TOGerize you!

3. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader

It certainly is but now I got that evil smurfs song in my head.

As Neric said, you will be togerised in no time. You will definitely have a smurf of a time :)

(see, we're all adults around here - lol)

4. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed by an administrator and approved.

You will now have full access to all parts of the TOG website
    • All TOG member only forums
    • All member only areas of the website
    Undoubtedly you want to get started and the best place to start is to visit the main forum for the game in which you are interested, have a read of the sticky posts and other threads that catch your attention.

Introduce yourself and ask any further questions you may have.
    You will find other TOG members most helpful if you take the time to aks any questions you may have.

The social heart of TOG can be found in “The Lounge Room”, where any topic is being discussed and debated. If you want to know the other TOG members across the whole of TOG visit the Lounge Room.
    Want to know when the next real life get together is of TOG members, again the lounge room is the place to be.

We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose too, feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don’t forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers!

5. Headly

Headly World of Warcraft Leader

Welcome to ToG, Gargamel :)

Want to try PC base FPS ? Have a go at COD 4 we have a ball shooting each other in the face every night.

6. Awe$oMe

Awe$oMe Retired Captain

Gears of war rocks! Anyhow..
    Welcome to tog.