[DONE] I Hear You Have Cookies...?

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by jazzycat, May 18, 2014.

1. jazzycat

jazzycat <b>Guild Officer</b><br>Black Desert Online

... so here's my soul, for a cookie! :p

Greetings!

I am jazzycat, or 'jazzy' for short; picked deliberately for it's generic-ness.

I either type a lot, or I lurk a lot.

Currently playing a lot of Diablo 3, and hoping to run some Wildstar with TOG. Other games I've invested more hours than healthy in include: World of Warcraft (late BC to early Panda), Borderlands 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Torchlight II, Guild Wars 2, Moonbreakers, HAWKEN, and Mechwarrior.

In my early years I teethed on a lot of the Sierra classics like Kings Quest, Police Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Alone in the Dark (and proverbially shat my pants), MYST, LOOM, Commander Keen, Jungle Jill, Tetris, Bejeweled, Zak McKracken, Day of the Tentacle, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Hexxen, Unreal/Tournament, and that's the first bunch that come to mind in one mental breath. I'm sure there are more.

Then I strayed away from PC games, RPG'd as a kender/halfling for a while, read a lot of books and pushed some pixels around making anime desktops before wandering over to the Nintendo Game Cube and 1st-gen DS. Had a brief and torrid affair with the PS2 while secluded away from the world for 2 weeks with mature-aged chicken pox (not fun at all!), then came back to my forever love -- the PC.

Signed up to Steam, got given Warcraft as a present and lost several years of my life as a career Officer/RL/GL until early Pandaria when I woke up one day, and just lost interest completely (and since then have sworn never again). It was around this time as well that I met long time guild-mate and fellow Officer, razalom. As far as MMO's are concerned, he's seen me at my gaming best and worst. He's also the one you can blame for me finally getting off me arse to apply to TOG (it's been what, years now that I've been talking about signing up, mate?).

Hmm... back on track. Info about myself, eh? I'm female, and swear like a sailor. I have a newly acquired mortgage and a day-job as a Scientist in a private pathology company. Currently residing in Queensland, Australia. I believe actions speak louder than words, but when I use my words/promises in a serious, deliberate situation, I try not to do so lightly. I care. Sometimes too much (ask razalom). I love cats but am allergic to them, so by default I'm also quite happily a dog person as well. Trying to be a good mother to a seven month old Irish Wolfhound x Mastiff puppy. My second toe is longer than my big toe. I like beer, and am working on learning how to truly appreciate a fine whiskey. I like motorbikes, but I'm shit on a bicycle.

I'd like to join TOG for the company (especially in an MMO capacity), the dynamic community, and just to meet more people to have fun and play games with who 'get it', whether it's just theory-crafting builds or drooling over the next batch of new games/gadgets on the horizon.

I'm a current member of the Australian FPS clan, Death Inc, =]DI[= which I joined after quitting Warcraft at the urging of a fellow workmate when I expressed how bored, and a bit lonely I was, playing solo. I'm pseudo-Clan Staff as I assist in getting graphic/pixel work done for sig-files. I love the lads, and some of them have become real-life friends. Buuuut I still sometimes feel like a square-peg in a round hole, being an MMO-player in an FPS-clan.

Okay, wall of spam has reached epic proportions. Stopping now! :rolleyes:

2. Ninja Gizmosis

Ninja Gizmosis Communications Manager Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have member access to all aspects of TOG including:

• All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game and communications servers
    Your membership also allows you to participate in various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

No matter which game or games you are playing, the heart and soul of TOG lies here in the Lounge. Feel free to drop by say hello, join the discussions or simply lurk.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 65,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best! :D

3. RnR

RnR Retired Captain

4. razalom

razalom Well-Known Member

There goes the neighborhood :)