Imperial Edition

Discussion in 'Elder Scrolls Online (Public)' started by Afan, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Afan

Afan Active Member

2. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

I've been reading their forums, it seems to be fake.

At least, people are treating it to be fake until ZOS says otherwise.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  3. Wabbajack

Wabbajack Well-Known Member

I would be inclined to believe it is real; these kind of slip ups are fairly common for large releases. If it was fake it would no doubt have been officialy debunked, the fact that they have not means it is most likely real and that someone messed up.

Also, I think we all knew they were going to have a collectors edition of some sort so its not really that hard to believe. Pretty much what you would expect from a collectors editions. The only thing which stands out is the bonus race which may or may not be a big deal depending on whether you can obtain it outside of the CE.

4. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

The race is what is making me lean toward fake. However, if they do make it available, is it going to be in an in-game store as one of the many microtrans?

5. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

My understanding is the game is subscription based so I would expect only cosmetic items from any online store, at least initially.

6. Vortigen

Vortigen Well-Known Member

7. quickthorn

quickthorn Active Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  8. Afan

Afan Active Member

9. brian

brian Active Member

It is now official ... its on their site. Keep in mind that you do not need to buy the expensive version to be able to play any race/alliance combo. They are allowing that for anyone who buys the game in advance....

10. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

[​IMG]

This pre order option offer for any alliance, any race is appealing. The special addition for unique bonuses, crafting styles, gear... is an interesting twist

11. Wyst

Wyst Active Member

United Kingdom (well sort of United anyway)
    Spent about an hour prior to posting this trying to think of a way of expressing my disappointment over the options available on the pre-order and the Imperial editions. I dont mind the fluff stuff of pets and maps and models and stuff, but they have been harping on since the start of making the game about how inportant the alliance identities were and the racial identities within each alliance and as such I find it pretty awful to then throw all that away as part of a pre-order bonus pack. The ONLY differences between the Alliances once endgame approaches is the small variations between races. I can only presume that this has come about due to some form of pressure to allow people in guilds to be able to play whatever race in whatever alliance the guild goes for without needing to split into 3 seperate guilds, but personally I dislike this intently.

I would have sort of expected Imperials to come in as the first "paid" expansion about 6 months after launch to get people to start on Alts and prolong game life so that was a bit of a shock for a pre-order as well

Anyway, very disappointed that they seem to have compromised one of the key aspects of the game in order to try and sell more pre-order boxes in a potentially gamebreaking way

12. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

I agree Wyst. As a huge DAoC fan, they chucked one of the most valuable aspects many hoped would stay the initial intended course.

Is there any point to choose an alliance? PvP (RvR) wise, no.

That said, it is what it is. :( It lost a chunk of my desire though I still hold interest and will work w/ what has been given.

13. Gorne

Gorne Well-Known Member

If you are having concerns about the AUS price a mate of mine just bought it from the US store. $59 and $79 respectively. You probably need to look like you are in the US though.

Just a thought.

14. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Well, that's pretty cool. I'll preorder the imperial Digital. Not too interested in the book or statue. Plus I'll have some time to justify the purchase.

Can't buy this week, as I got sick last week and missed out on a couple days of work, so I'll have a short check. Next week though.

15. Broadax

Broadax Retired Captain

Nice will have to work on doing that today. :)

16. Afan

Afan Active Member

I'm not quite as bothered as many others seem to be about being able to play any race in any alliance. Initially I also felt it was detrimental to the lore and lost an element of the uniqueness of RvR, but on reflection it does mean that as a guild we can all participate together in RvR and still choose the race we want.

I was actually a bit worried that TOG may have gone the Aldmeri Dominion, since I don't like elves and I'm allergic to cats. This way if we do go Aldmeri, at least I can still play with the guild without coming out in hives.

17. Sytes

Sytes Retired Captain

I assisted Dragonwyst (AU Togger) with a US game sale. I shipped it to her. It did not work. AU and US marketed items are not compatible. May have just been that one company though, caution on thinking you scored a deal only to find out on day one, your game fails to operate. Then again, maybe you will save a few bucks...

That is one good aspect.

18. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Sytes, was that with a console game? As far as I know, only the consoles had region locking.

19. Cahiry

Cahiry VR Crack Dealer Officer

There is some pretty major backlash going on over this play any race in any alliance, Might hold of on the pre-order me thinks, I smell a change in the wind me thinks.

20. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Doubt they will change that. It's more lore friendly to have these alliances as political bodies, not a complete race devoted to it.