[INFO] NMS is deeper than you thought...

Discussion in 'No Man's Sky (Public)' started by Dolnor, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

2. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I hope it is. After 18 hours of gaming, it feels like I've seen pretty much all the game has to offer. I've got 5 of the atlas balls and from reports of getting the 10 required and the place to be, the conclusion to that is underwhelming. It's also irritating to me that these balls take a whole slot in inventory.

Have landed in at least 100 planets, I'm unlikely to be surprised by any new discoveries at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I feel that I did get my money's worth but I'm not feeling much of a pull to continue unless I'm looking for a 20 minutes distraction and can't be bothered with anything else.

3. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

I restarted last night and took it very slow, mostly walking, rarely using the scanner, leaving my ship behind and working with the elements to recharge my suit, looking for shelter to hide from storms et. I only called my ship once I found an outpost. Looking at it as a slower paced survival game changed it completely. I highly recommend it.

4. Coddie

Coddie Active Member

18 hours and you've done 100 planets and 5 Atlas Balls? Man, I've done over 20 hours and haven't even got 1 Atlas ball and maybe been to 6 planets. I'll have to get my first Atlas Ball thingie as I've heard you get an Atlas Pass recipe around the same time.