International Tabletop Day April 5 2014

Discussion in 'Pen and paper games' started by HenriDeacon, Mar 8, 2014.

1. HenriDeacon

HenriDeacon Well-Known Member

2. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Critical Mass (who I play with on Friday nights) is organising an event for this - will post more details as I find them out. Its going to be at Auchenflower, not Chermside, and will cost $2 to attend.

3. HenriDeacon

HenriDeacon Well-Known Member

Get out your cameras next weekend. I want to see pics.

4. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Took a couple of snaps, I'll post them (on the camera at home...).

The day went off well, probably had 25-30 people there, quite a few tables full.

I played:

Concept - new game, only had it a few days. Pretty light, family friendly - a good loosener for the day. Team based, one team has to give hints about a word using icons on a board, the other team has to guess it. Charades with icons I guess.

Eldritch Horror - more streamlined version of Arkham Horror (or so I'm told, never played AH). Pretty good fun, although its sort of just "pick up a card, stuff happens, roll some dice". We lost pretty badly (sorry world).

Cyclades - bid for the use of gods and battle in the greek islands - a lot of fun

Eminent Domain - my first play of this, even tho I've had it for a while. Deck builder, similar in some ways to Race for the Galaxy, but much easier to learn and play. Really good game, looking forward to a lot more play of this.

Quantum - another space game, more abstract. All your ships are dice, each face is a different type. The value also tells you how far it can move, and combat strength (lower is better). Great game, deceptively simple and easy to learn.

Tokaido - take a relaxing walk down the "East sea road" in Japan, from Kyoto to Edo. Take in the sights, grab some souvenirs, maybe stop off at the temples and make a donation. And stop in the inns for a good meal of course. Its a pretty light game, but the production is beautiful. And its a nice, relaxing game.

5. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Couple of pics from Tabletop day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]