[DONE] Intro/Application - Focusing on New World

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Optamicus, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Optamicus

Optamicus Getting Started

Hello,

I'm a long-time gamer looking for a mature community to get involved with and make some new friends.
    1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG? New World
    2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played? Atari 2600
    3. Why do you want to join TOG? Based on the FAQ it seems like TOG would be a good fit for what I'm looking. New world has a lot of content that involves groups and companies. So, I'd like to join a community with members closer to my own age to spend time with.
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share. I'm planning to spend quite a bit of time in New World. I have lots of spare time, and this will give me a good escape from our crazy world. I've played various MMOs and FPS games over the last 25 years.

CAMMO, Rukus308, Gilderan and 2 others like this.
  2. octoclops

octoclops

-= BRONZE =-

New World does look promising. Really hoping it lives up to the hype so far - enjoyed the open beta!

CAMMO, Rukus308 and Gilderan like this.
  3. Optamicus

Optamicus Getting Started

I think it will. I've made it up to around 40, and restarted four times. It feels solid from what I've experienced. The end game is my only concern. I think that will be a matter of if they can release content updates reasonably often. Based on how much they've accomplished since the preview event in 2020, I think they'll be able to.

I can't wait to play a character that won't be wiped. :)

4. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Optamicus and welcome.

Nice application. And with that being said...

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

:D

5. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG @Optamicus and am sure you will find alot of fellow TOGgers to run with in New World.

CAMMO, Shrubbo, Rukus308 and 2 others like this.
  6. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard @Optamicus :D hmmm "mature" might be a strong word lol, but laughs are mandatory in most cases and the New World division seems to be growing nicely, so enjoy.

CAMMO, Monty, Shrubbo and 1 other person like this.