[DONE] Intro

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Omer, May 7, 2021.

1. Omer

Omer Getting Started

Hi I am Omer,

I currently play Black Desert Online and am interested in getting connected with people that play BDO.
    I want to join this community of gamers because TOG supports games that I would like to try/play, Such as Planetside 2. For the most part I prefer the WW2 genre when it comes FPS, I recently saw a youtube on Planetside 2 and saw how many people are actually in one battle. Very impressive that they can get so many people on 1 server. In the past, Games I have played; command and conquer, Rogue Spear, Mechwarrior, Battlefield 1 and 3, COD, Heroes and Generals (Russians), Minecraft, Baldurs Gate.

BDO was the first MMO that I got into and I love the game. Although I suck real bad with PVP, I'm not afraid of dying, lol. I would like to try out Post Scriptum sometime down the road.

My first gaming computer was a Commodore 64.

I am from Ohio

2. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Omer and welcome.

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff).

:D

Gilderan, Rukus308 and CAMMO like this.
  3. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Omer :D Never played BDO myself but man does the character creation stuff look nice

CAMMO, Monty and Gilderan like this.
  4. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

A BIG WELCOME Omer - LOVED C&C and Mechwarrior...I remember (oh no!...here he goes again...) when I was a wee pixel I played the first mechwarrior that was basically a plain yellow dessert with blobby rock formations and mechs that looked like lego blocks...I remember one type of missile that you could fire and track for a mile or more 'til it devastated the enemy - great times!

I occasionally 'dip-into' MWO but it's so 'full-on'...still a great game though, I can see why it has suchj a huge worlwide following.

Chat some more soon...Mike

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Rukus308 and Gilderan like this.
  5. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Welcome Omer, Hi to the person from Ohio. Pun intended.:D

Rukus308, Gilderan and Monty like this.
  6. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

I just re-read your post and had a thought?

If it's true that early computers (like your Commodore 64) had more processing power than NASA used to put a man on the moon, then looking at where PC's and games are now - why haven't we colonised the universe!

See you on Mars!

Mike