[DONE] Intro

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Stargem, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Stargem

Stargem Getting Started

Hi, my name is Charla but I go by Mike. I have been playing MMOs since The Realm. Some of the games I have played include; EverQuest, Asheron's Call, ArcheAge, Black Desert Online and Elder Scrolls to name a few. I am 73 years old and I love to game! Fairly computer literate, use to build my own. I left the EverQuest franchise when they shut down LandMark. I loved that game, always equated it to The Sims meet EverQuest. Right now I am waiting for my key code for New World. Played the last phase of alpha and really like it. Look forward to chatting with you all and maybe, if we're in the same area, maybe have a drink together.

Rukus308, Sysmon, CAMMO and 4 others like this.
  2. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hello Stargem and welcome.

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. You could already see this, the following is new)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From silly unicorns to horrific gun violence)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

:D

Rukus308, CAMMO, Shrubbo and 2 others like this.
  3. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Hello Stargem,

A ToG moderator will be on eventually to approve your member request to join the community.

Stargem, btw originally registered to our public forum back on June 14th. She just didn't realize the extra step with our Barracks.

Once you get approved Stargem just browse our dedicated Member message boards and look for the one for Discord Invites. Another moderator or Admin will get you into that once you create a request to join thread.

A little background "The Older Ganers" has been online since 2002 with the original Planetside, Everquest, Battlefield, and Call of Duty franchises were raging.

ToG on numerous occasions at least in past years has been written about in major online Aussie newspapers. Regarding at the time the social trend of mature older gamers.

I myself I've been a member since 2004 and I've personally played many of the Mmo's you've cited above.

A hearty welcome to our gaming community.

Rukus308, Monty, CAMMO and 2 others like this.
  4. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Hi @Stargem and welcome to TOG! You will find a healthy online presence for Black Desert Online with @Khondo (BDO division captain) is regularly on voice comms on Discord.

I have checked Discord and assigned the TOG Member role to you so you should now have full access to the relevant channels there (there are quite alot of them). Just scroll down until you see the BDO channel and jump into the relevant voice channel and say hi :)

New World is also quite active from what I see in Discord.

Rukus308, Atrayo, Monty and 2 others like this.
  5. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard Stargem :D

Gilderan, Monty, CAMMO and 1 other person like this.