[DONE] Introducing GrandmotherSexy!

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by GrandmotherSexy, May 17, 2010.

1. GrandmotherSexy

GrandmotherSexy Just Joined

Greetings Older Gamers

I am humbled to join your prestigious gaming organisation. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

So you are probably wondering.. "GrandmotherSexy? Is this a sexy grandmother, or a guy who finds grandmothers sexy? Or is he sooo sexy that he's GRANDMOTHER sexy! (yes THAT sexy)"

Sadly none of that is true. Back in the days when I played Unreal Tournament (good times) there was a player by the name of GrandmasterSexy. He was giving everyone crap so we all changed our names to mock him. There was a GrandpaSexy GrandsonSexy GrandpianoSexy etc.. and I was GrandmotherSexy. That was about 8 years ago and I never bothered to changed my nick back to Insane Llama. After time my reputation on pwning noobs and nearly always being at the top of the scoreboard as 'GS' grew (and heck, its a memorable nick right?) so i just kept it.

I have been gaming ever since I was given a handheld Nintendo Spitball Sparky in 1984 (at 3 years old).

I cut my 3D FPS teeth on Catacombs 3D, progressing to Wolf 3D on a good old 386sx33, but lately I'm mainly playing Bad Company 2 (Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Stats Verse - level 26 so far) with a rare bang on my old friend Counterstrike Source. Though the new steam for mac Portal and Torchlight seem like they might distract me a bit lately..

Away from gaming I'm a weekend wedding photographers second shooter (with my wife), where I use my awesome aiming and firing skills for PROFIT (mirandagreer.com.au). I'm also a tutor for a mobile applications development (iPhone mainly) course at a big Queensland University (where I work as the team leader of web developers). I'm learning how to write 3D games for iPhone for PROFIT!!!

I was invited to join your ranks by The_Redshirt_Ensign. We work together in a IT systems cave, and despite the fact we sit at desks almost within BC2 knifing distance we rarely feel the need to team-kill. He told me about the TOG mantra and it sounded like a good place for me to call my base.

I don't mind a bit of twitter if you want to find out even more about me (Christiaan Kortekaas (ckortekaas) on Twitter). I'm also a bit of an audiophile if you want to see what I'm into checkout my profile on last.fm (mrangryfish?s Music Profile ? Users at Last.fm), mostly alt-rock.

See you on the battlefield! My Steam ID is mrangryfish - Steam Community :: ID :: GrandmotherSexy (There's a silly pic of me on that page.. I didn't kill the boar ok?)

Christiaan

Rechs and Snott like this.
  2. Redshirt_Ensign

Redshirt_Ensign Active Member

Hey GS! About time you joined up here :p

Hope to see you in the BC2 forum shortly :D

3. Redshirt_Ensign

Redshirt_Ensign Active Member

bump ...

Still not even [PENDING] huh? :?

@mods: Does he need to come up with a new name or is there something else holding it up?

I know he used Camel_Phlegm for a referrer on the sign-up form but that was because my username is too long to fit in that field (and I checked with Camel first so that he would be able to explain if you PM'ed him about it).

4. Snowbull

Snowbull Retired Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have full access to all parts of TOG including:
    • All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game servers
    Your membership also includes access to various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 41,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best!

The Older Gamers

5. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

Hi Grandmother and welcome to TOG. If you're looking to join the BF:BC2 division, please see the following info.

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Division.:)
    Also make sure you get TeamSpeak up and running (it's easy) as then we can get you a spot on one of the TOG Servers when you want to join & it's fun for a laugh as well and makes the game more fun while talking with mates.
    Here`s some Links below to help get you started.​

Your Clan/Community tag to wear is just TOG

_______________________________________________​

If you have any dramas that you need sorted out on a higher level feel free to contact either :
    Maddog2204 the Division Captain
    or
    ReaperSmurf (Oceanic) & Jakob_Pavlov (EU/NA) the Division Vice Captains.​

_______________________________________________​

We hope you enjoy your stay here and we'll see you soon. :D