[DONE] Introduction and Application for full membership

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by mclazarus, May 30, 2017.

1. mclazarus

mclazarus Just Joined

Hello,

I'm a 41 year old engineer, family man and gamer living in the US, in Pennsylvania. I've been playing video games since I was a youngster on the Atari 2600 and Commodore 64 (Maniac Mansion!) I'd like to join your group so I can have some friendly cooperation in some of the current and upcoming online games. I like to take an analytical approach to games, learning as much as I can and using that to try and win or do cool stuff.

What games are you currently playing/looking to play?

I have a wide range of interests from competitive shooters (I'm trying to get better) to single player point and click adventure to big multiplayer sandbox worlds.

• Overwatch
    • Star Wars Battlefront 2015
    • PvZ: GW2
    • Ark
    Looking forward to:

• Worlds Adrift
    • Battlefront II
    • Destiny 2
    Why do you want to join TOG?
    I want to find some friendly folks to play with who understand that I can't put in 50 hours a week gaming but we all want to learn and improve together in the time we do have for this fun hobby. Also some of the new multiplayer games look like it will be useful and more fun to have a bunch of online friends for building airships or performing successful raids.

Anything else you'd like to share?
    The last weekend I've been playing with live streaming of games on mixer, so I might continue to do some of that: Mixer | Interactive Livestreaming

Thanks!

2. Bayland

Bayland The Doctor

Welcome to The Older Gamers community for those who are 25+ and have a passion for gaming. Your application has been reviewed and approved.

You may now access all aspects of the TOG Service including:

• TOG member community forums
    • TOG member communications servers
    • TOG member game Divisions

Drop by the Lounge to say hello, join a discussion or simply lurk. Feel free to ask any questions. Visit the Voice Communications forum for instructions on joining our GameVox Servers. Browse through the vast array of gaming Divisions to familiarize yourself with the games and cultures. Each can be very different. In each Division you should find instructions on joining other TOG members in game. Join our STEAM Group or Facebook page. Spend some time to check out the forum functions such as user profiles and private messages at the top right corner of the forum. Maybe view site leaders under the Quick Links tab.

We hope you enjoy the TOG community. Please spread the message to your friends and family who are also interested in gaming.

All the best!

3. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hello mclazarus,

Thank you for your interest in The Older Gamers. :)

I received your member app for World's Adrift and I'll approve it after this post.

Enjoy what TOG has on offer and don't be a stranger on our voice chat server of GameVox.

Cheers!

4. mclazarus

mclazarus Just Joined

Thanks Atrayo,

Once I get into the beta I'll hop on GameVox once I'm into the game.