[DONE] Introduction/application kevlar

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by kevlar, Jan 15, 2020.

1. kevlar

kevlar Getting Started

Hello,
    I'm kevlar aka Reg72(Star Citizen)
    Looking to join an Org of the same round about ages and play styles

1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?
    Star Citizen would be 100% better if I was to play with a team or group.
    Dayz as I enjoy the survival and post apocalyptic genre

2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?

Atari then C64

3. Why do you want to join TOG?

Games are better played with others, And I would rather play people I have more than my species in common with.
    Besides I'm married with kids so I cant pull all nighters in war craft doing raids anymore.

4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.

English,Ex Forces,Working in the middle east with my family along for the ride.
    Working out in the desert all week makes me really enjoy being at home with a glass of wine and the kids running around.
    Soon as she is asleep its head phones on pew pew
    Other hoobies is bike racing but out here the road are straight so not really a thing until I get back to Blighty.

Some idea of your geographical location and the times that you play will also help.

Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. +3hrs GMT
    Thursday to Saturdays are when I get home and can sit at the PC.
    I like space games and fps games.
    Disscord is banned out here as is most Voip and vpn software so I struggle along using in game Voip or just typing like a loon to pass messages.
    It cool as being ex royal signals I'm and animal at the keyboard.

Full Membership Requirements:
    It is a requirement that you have read the TOG FAQ, are at least 25 years old, and that you've completed the "TOG Member Policies" section on the Registration form. If you did not complete that section during registration you can complete it now by editing the three (3) fields listed below in the "Edit Profile" section of the "Forum Actions" drop down tab (located top left under the support tab). You will find the three (3) fields near the bottom of the form:
    5. Are you applying for full TOG Membership?
    Yes

6. Age Requirement
    Yes

7. TOG FAQ
    Yes

2. CAMMO

CAMMO The Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Hi Kevlar, I guess the name is because all the BS never sticks to you.:rolleyes: Anyhow nice intro and hope you play nice with those SC peeps.

Congratulations!
    You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

Rukus308 and Shrubbo like this.
  3. kevlar

kevlar Getting Started

Thanks for allowing me to enter the retirement home for the original online gamer's.
    I look forward to getting to know a few TOG's in SC and maybe other games that tickle my fancy.

Is Terry Wogan a thing here?

Rukus308 and Shrubbo like this.
  4. CAMMO

CAMMO The Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Maybe in the northern Hemi, but not here in the south to my knowledge.

Shrubbo likes this.
  5. Rukus308

Rukus308 Well-Known Member

"I like space games and fps games.", you should totally check out the game thread in my sigurature, might be your thing.
    "Besides I'm married with kids so I cant pull all nighters in war craft doing raids anymore", mate feel your pain, I'm in the same boat, Welcome to TOG Kevlar :D

Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.