[DONE] Introduction/Application - Xbox/PC

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Creed Bratton, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Creed Bratton

Creed Bratton Getting Started

Greetings all,
    I'm 39/m located CST. Typically play after 8/9pm most days of the week. Casual gamer who likes to have fun and a good laugh.

I play on Xbox and PC.
    -For Xbox I have gamepass but am pretty much just playing Apex because that's what a few of my friends are playing.
    -PC I have a LOT of co-op games that I haven't played with folks. The ones I want to try out are (in no particular order, other than alphabetical): 7 days to die, dying light, the forest, no man's sky, orcs must die 2, watch dogs 2, Warhammer Vermintide, xcom 2 (can this be multiplayer?), and a bunch others.

I'm really open to play almost anything, I'm just limited to games using a controller because of my garbage hands. Just anxious to play with some other folks.

First gaming system I played on was my brother's original pong system. Big box, two wheels, silver switches... good stuff. Then played Atari, not sure what version, with my cousins.

I am wanting to join TOG because I have a lot of games and no one to play with and, no offense to the youngsters, I tend to relate better to older folks, though, I've encountered some really great young gaming folks.

A little about myself. I have one kid and am in the creative media services industry for a long time. I'm a big fan of the TV show the office.

Everyone have a great day!

2. CAMMO

CAMMO The Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Nice Intro, CB. You seem like a good fit for TOG, but I have been wrong before;):p, anyway you are here now.

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

Shrubbo, Rukus308 and Sysmon like this.
  3. Creed Bratton

Thanks for the add! I read somewhere there is a discord channel, is that something you could provide a link for? Thanks again, have a good one.

4. CAMMO

In the forums section under voice comms, there is a link in the how to sticky.

Shrubbo likes this.
  5. Creed Bratton

I literally have no idea where that is. I believe I've clicked on every forum looking for it without success. I apologize being a bother.

Shrubbo likes this.
  6. CAMMO

7. Rukus308

Rukus308 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG Creed :D, just to follow on from CAMMO, Discord link can be found at the start of this post https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads/how-to-request-tog-member-access-to-discord.652600/ there is a hyperlink to the Discord server URL on the "link" word that might not be obvious, then just action the follow on instructions on that same thread, which is to make an access request post here https://www.theoldergamers.com/forums/voice-communication-invites-discord.602/ once processed it will unlock the member only channels on the discord server

Shrubbo and CAMMO like this.