[DONE] Introduction/Application

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Diega, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Diega

Diega Getting Started

Hi all. I'm Steve, a 41 year old guy from the UK who's looking to find a group of like-minded adults to play some online games with.
    I've been an avid gamer since my youth, with my first computer being an Amstrad CPC464 with a tape drive!
    I've owned Amiga's, PC's (from DX2 66MhZ all the way through to i7's), the original Super Nintendo (RIP!), Playstations etc but I've always found PC gaming to be the cornerstone of my addiction!

I've been a part of a group of friends who enjoy online gaming for 20 years but many now have families, thus work schedules and commitments outside the gaming hobby make it difficult to participate in group activites more frequently, although we tend to arrange a gaming session occassionally.

Some of the multiplayer games I've played (competitively) include Americas Army (proud to say that back in my hardcore days my clan was 2v2, 4v4, and 6v6 leaders in the EU TWL league for a while!)
    Since then I've played a lot of World of Warcraft on and off, Minecraft, and more recently Star Citizen which is shaping up to be something revolutionary (if they ever sort the bugs out!)

I still play mostly Minecraft and Star Citizen and have a Steam collection as well including titles like GTA5, but due to my work I sometimes don't have the luxury of time as I work for Fire and Rescue in two brigades.

That being said I am available some evenings and weekends for gaming, and consider myself to be more of a regular gamer than hardcore or casual.

I have been looking for a group for a while and when I saw the TOG org in RSI's website I felt that you may be exactly what I'm looking for in a new long term home (not just for SC but for gaming in general), and an opportunity to make some new friends and have a laugh along the way.

Many thanks for your consideration and happy new year!

Rukus308 and Sysmon like this.
  2. CAMMO

CAMMO The Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Hi Steve, just read that you played AA in TWL:) You're in!!!!:D

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

Shrubbo, Diega and Rukus308 like this.
  3. Rukus308

Rukus308 Well-Known Member

Welcome to TOG Steve :D the Star Citizen Division is doing well at the moment, you'll be right at home, there are also two Minecraft servers currently live, if your wanting to have a change of pace.

Shrubbo, Diega and CAMMO like this.
  4. Diega

Diega Getting Started

Thanks all - looking forward to some quality banter soon :)

Shrubbo, octoclops and Rukus308 like this.
  5. CAMMO

CAMMO The Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

May I suggest you go to the voice comms forum and follow the link to discord.

Shrubbo and Rukus308 like this.