Help iPod Audiobook

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Rage, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

I'm not sure this is the best place to put this, but I'm wanting to buy the audio book, "The 50th Law" on iTunes. When I look it up on the internet, it appears to be $9.99 however on my iTunes account it shows up as $26.99. I'm thinking this might be the good ol Aus tax.

I'm looking for a kind TOGger from OS that might be able to help me out. Unless of course it's the same price, in which case, please let me know. Obviously I'd pay for it. If you can help me out, please shoot me a pm or reply to this post.

Cheers :)

2. hoppy

hoppy Guardian Captain

Rage, have you ever used Audible?

I know there are many many podcasts such as Twit (this week in tech) that offer 2 free downloads (books) for a sign up and if you leave, you keep the downloads. May be more attractive than paying for it.

TWiT Audible Free Trial | Two Free Audio Books

3. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

Cheers mate. Looked into it last night as you suggested. Not sure I'm willing to sign up to a $14.95/month subscription for my book even when I can just leave when I want :rolleyes: Call me suspicious :)

4. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

I've done Audible through the free trial, and had no problem canceling. I haven't used them since Amazon bought them though.

Rage likes this.
  5. hadrian6616

hadrian6616 Well-Known Member

I hope you know it's not 50 cent narrating the audio book (i have it in my collection).

I dont rate it highly either, worth about 5 bucks imho. Running time is 8 hours.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
    Rage likes this.
  6. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

LMAO! I realise that :D No, it was a book that was recommended to me as kinda like an inspirational book. If it's not that good, I might give it a miss :) Thanks for the feedback.

7. hadrian6616

hadrian6616 Well-Known Member

i could sum up the book like this: "If your in a sticky situation, do what a crack dealing gangster would do". Well, more like having the confidence, the schtick not to get ripped off, never back down, do things your own way etc. Gives examples from Fiddys life, along with the usual historical quotations you find in these type of books.

I think i might have to go and have another listen to it actually. If Fiddy did narrate it then it would much more awesome.