Jackpot - Atari 7800 & 40 Games

Discussion in 'Hardware Talk' started by Ancient_One, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

When I joined the Navy all those years ago my old Atari 2600 stayed at home along with my old cartridges.

after the Atari 2600 gave up the ghost my mum asked me to help her replace it which we did with an Atari 7800 so she could continue playing the games.

Jump forward to now 40 years later. Mum passed away 6 years ago dad passed away last year.

While cleaning the house I have found in a cupboard the before mentioned Atari 7800 and 40 games.

What to do?

Dust off and play. Dust off and sell. Nothing with original boxes just the cartridges and maybe the instructions.

What would you guys do?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. kEv_

kEv_ Treasurer for Counter Strike

awesome find!!!

i wish i had my old 2600, but alas, it has gone to console heaven...

i would definitely set it up and have a play, if it still works i guess, will it run on newer tv's?

i'd only sell it if i could get a truckload of money for it, i have no idea what it'd actually be worth tho
    but getting 20 bucks or something for the memories and feelings it would bring back just doesnt seem right to me

3. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

Actually I did find the original boxes for the cartridges and their respective instruction manuels. So far I have left it all alone but I should dust off and play to see if it all works.

Good question. The TV's do have a normal aerial connection but the signal might not be allowed. ie. analog v digital.