Keen to find out more

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Larne, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Larne

Larne Active Member

Hi,

I have been playing MMOGs for quite a while. The past 3 years I have been mainly on Eve-Online although with occasional forays into WoW, DAoC, Guild Wars, and so on. Prior to that I played Earth & Beyond for a year and before that I played the Siege Perilous shard of Ultima-Online for 3 years. If you go back before then you would have found me huddled over a VT series terminal playing various text-based MUDs and MOOs. I also enjoy FPS but not as much as MMOG - although perhaps because I have never managed to get in with the right group of people in those games.

I would initially be interested to hear from whoever looks after your people within Eve-Online. I am primarily keen to learn how big a UK/EU player base you have, what kind of activities you get up to, and so on. I love the game but even after playing for so long I still haven't managed to find a group that I fit properly with - I guess mainly because I fit the criteria of a TOG and I'm not too impressed with the infantile attitude of many MMOG players. I just heard about TOG from a friend so I thought I would find out a bit more about you, hence the post.

25 is well over a decade ago for me and I have read the blurb and have no problem with that. I am married, with a long-suffering wife who has become accustomed to being a MMOG widow and a 6-year-old son who is already getting a taste for fantasy MMOGs. I live in the North-West of England and I am a Project Manager by profession, working mainly in the business side of IT so game playing is a very important part of my relaxation routine.

Cheers,

Larne

2. VillageIdiot

VillageIdiot Getting Started

Welcome to TOG Larne. Looks like you have done all the right things. I'm sure somebody will get back to you about Eve-Online & MMOG.
    Don't worry, my wife says she is a COD2 widow :) .

3. Jello63

Jello63 Well-Known Member

Jervis Bay N.S.W: TOG Sponsor: XFire-jello63. Fox'
    Hi Larne,

You need to state that you have read the AUP & agree to it's terms, then we can make you a member :).

4. Larne

Larne Active Member

:p just to clarify, blurb (above) = AUP & FAQ. All read and agreed to :)

(And yes, I actually read it - sad or what??)

5. warlock

warlock Just Joined

Welcome to TOG i hope to see you around.

6. Smash

Smash Retired Admin

Hi & Welcome to TOG and EVE:).

You have now been made a member & have access to all TOG member only forums.

The first place to start is the Forum Index.

Find the game forum you are interested in, there you will find threads called "Sticky" posts, which contain a lot of very handy information.

Introduce yourself & you'll find TOG members coming from all directions to help you get settled.

The social hub of TOG is the Lounge where there are many topics discussed, TOG social gatherings & Lans are posted.

Enjoy your stay.:)

7. Larne

Larne Active Member

Thanks!

8. Johnno

Johnno Legend Of EvE

Hi and welcome to TOG.

Have fun.

Johnno

9. ACKA

ACKA Getting Started

Welcome to TOG