Looking for new game

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Oomii, May 10, 2011.

1. Oomii

Oomii Well-Known Member

Ok Steam peeps. IM looking for a decent single player game .. NO FPS please l'm not good at them anyways heh

Looking for something around the lines of an open ended RPG like "Fable" or even any RTS, or Metal Gear Solid Type games.

Any suggestions?

2. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Well since you mention Fable, Fable III is coming out in just over a week, as is The Witcher 2. I've gotten into Fallout New Vegas recently and enjoying it; several expansions are coming over the next few months. For stealth gameplay, Splinter Cell Conviction is pretty good.

I'm not really into RTS so perhaps someone else can give some advice there. People might recommend Company of Heroes though ...

3. Rage

Rage Retired Moderator

I love COH. Very good. I was going to mention Elder Scrolls V, but you have to wait till November for it :( I've heard Shogun II is very good as well.

4. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

You could take a look at Minecraft for something different. TOG has a Division and runs it's own whitelisted server if you're interested in playing online.

5. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Minecraft totally rocks. Go try it for something completely different. If you don't know anything about it, I'd suggest not looking into it - to the uninitiated it looks pretty awful, but it's "blockyness" is it's appeal. It's super cheap, and an absolute gem.

It's been getting "game of the year" nominations all over the place, and has a huge net following. 100% endorse this product :)

But for me recently, I've been playing Fallout 3: New Vegas and Oblivion. They're first person perspective games, and yes, there's shooting - but they aren't FPS games. A lot of exploration, character development, dialogue and combat. Excellent games both... and cheap on Steam :)

6. Ranja

Ranja Well-Known Member

Minecraft is awesome. The Witcher 2 looks really good too, coming out within a week I believe, I would definitely look into that one.

7. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader Staff Member Moderator

I think GoG have the first Witcher for $5 at the moment.

8. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

I would recommend looking at mass effect and Mass Effect 2, the second is a great improvement lots of fun and a very cool story. The third is expected at the end of the year.

I think most forums for these games is about trying to go to bed with aliens........ LOL Can be played as either male or female.

It does have a degree of FPS elements but it is an engrossing RPG

9. Carm

Carm Well-Known Member

So true, I am totally addicted to this game at the moment, got it cheap in the EA sale last week ......... I have experienced a couple of bugs but they are really minor, I have to hold back from getting out of bed and firing it up:eek: ......... I'm loving the story and everything about it ....... designing your own character is fun as well, it has a demo on steam so give it a shot

10. King_Rocket

King_Rocket Well-Known Member

Minecraft +1

11. Stuman

Stuman Guest

World of Tanks or LOTRO if you don't feel like paying money for a game.

WoT is a blast though and quick and easy to play.

For Steam based, give Civ V a go - good way to waste entire days.

12. Draadnor

Draadnor Well-Known Member

+1 - Mass Effect 2
    If you like bejewelled then Puzzle Quest is a nice little filler.

13. Oomii

Oomii Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the leads.. so far looked up each one excetp CIV5 since i own it already and nothing really sparks much interest yet. So I think I'll have to do CIV 5 for now lol

14. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Loved Mass Effect 2.

Loved Dragon Age series as well, just finished II. Both great RTS.

If you dig Strat type games, also consider Shogun 2.

Since you have Steam, I've seen quite a number of these on special recently. Every one is a winner.