[DONE] Looking to join an actual community.

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Astillius, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Astillius

Astillius Getting Started

Hi TOGers,

I hate these things. always feels like talking on stage...

so i guess i'll go with your bullet points from the sticky first off.

1. What games are you currently playing/looking to play with TOG?
      that's a long list... let's see, there's EVE, Mechwarrior Online, Elder Scrolls Online. actually cut it short, basically anything you guys play i'm keen to at least try once. the above ones are off the top of my head.

2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?
      First machine i played on? Would have to be an old green screen Amstrad my parents brought over from the UK when i was a kid. We also had a NES and an Atari, but i forget the number... i had a single cartridge slot and an external tape deck. my first PC was a 286SX with something stupid like 4MB RAM. which was later upgraded... i still have that old beast here, 486DX4-100 with 64MB RAM and a Creative Sound Blaster 16 card. what a monster. haha.

3. Why do you want to join TOG?
      Honestly? a friend of mine and myself made a go of running our own gaming community, it started out well enough on our first game but due to a lack of effort on our part, it quickly dwindled to just being 4 of us. at which point we decided it's time to move on to something new and an environment where we're just another pair of guys looking to play games and not in any sort of leadership role. We want people like us to game with and an environment where we don't have to deal with the throngs of twelve year old 'leet haxxers' too much. people we can have intelligent conversations, discussions and debates with, without everything boiling into childish arguments. at least not every time.
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.
      hmm, well, i'm a fat gamer. have been all my life. i love gaming. i used to be more of a soloist but a good friend helped open me up to teaming and working with others. so now i love to work with people towards a common goal. i do swear a bit. but i also work retail so i can keep that down. (see, not one swearword in this whole thing. f-... good hey?)

I'm also married, my wife is a gamer. she may or may not request to join. that's up to her. i work in retail IT, to be exact. and spend pretty much all my down time gaming to some extent.
    I hope you guys like my long request to join. i see you guys around a lot and would love to be a part of the community.

Best regards,
    Astillius.

2. Astillius

For a more comprehensive list of the games i play, see Sarkonis' application. hahaha.

3. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

Look forward to hopefully seeing you and Sarkonis over in MWO! :cool:

4. Astillius

Oh yeah, i love MWO and seeing you guys perform on there (as both friend and foe) is one of the many reasons we decided to try and join you guys. you were very professional and despite the trolling of some on team, kept your cool. i was pretty impressed.

Although i have to say, we play clan mostly. ....freeborn.. :p

5. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

It's one of the things that sets us apart from many groups, 1. we don't over manage and we 2. ensure all our players keep up good standards. Most of all we make sure everyone is having fun :p

A quality bunch :)

What are your in game names? We have a sign up procedure you will find on our forums, but will wait until you get approved to go through all that! :cool:

6. Astillius

I noticed. the number of people in units in that game that get super upset if you don't do what they want, even when they don't tell you. it's amazing.

as to ingame names, i try to keep predictable. so it's Astillius there. i think ESO and EVE are the only two things where i'm not named Astillius. save for DayZ. wherein it can be anything from Astillius to "Queen of France" depending on the server and gaming mood. hahahaha.

Feel free to send me an friend inv or whatever. i'm usually on. :)

7. Astillius

Oh, i forgot to mention, i remember going through an initiation right way back in MechWarrior 4. to join a clan there. had to beat one of their guys. is yours anything like that? :p

8. AlphaGamma

AlphaGamma Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG, your application has been reviewed and approved. :)

You now have member access to all aspects of TOG including:

• All TOG member only Forums
    • All TOG member only areas of the website
    • All TOG member only game divisions
    • All TOG game and communications servers
    Your membership also allows you to participate in various get-together, events, contests, and other exclusives for this 25 and over only organisation.

No matter which game or games you are playing, the heart and soul of TOG lies here in the Lounge. Feel free to drop by say hello, join the discussions or simply lurk.

For a complete list of everything your membership includes along with everything you might want to know in order to take advantage of your new membership, be sure to stop by to read the "New TOG Members' Guide"

Currently TOG consists of nearly 30 game divisions and over 70,000 registered members. There's also plenty of other cool stuff on TOG, so browse around & check it all out. We sincerely hope that you enjoy TOG for as long as you choose to. Feel free to spread the message to your friends and family who enjoy gaming and don't forget to have fun yourself!

All the best! :D

9. Xstract

Xstract Active Member

Hey Astillius and welcome to TOG!

Head on over to the DayZ Division forums, say hello and checkout the forum stickies. A good way to find a group is to jump into the TOG TS and have a chat with our other DayZ players.

See you in Chernarus!