[DONE] Looking to join. Currently plaing The Division 2

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by ender170, Jul 11, 2019.

1. ender170

ender170 Getting Started

Hi Guys, I was chatting last night with Dean, (aka the Protectinator) and he recommended TOG to me.
    I'd not heard of TOG before, but after looking through the forums I am amazed I'd not heard of you earlier, and wish I had.

I am an avid PC gamer, and have been playing since the days of the original DOOM, Quake, and Duke 3D on an early Pentium with mates in our parents garages running all night LAN sessions. These days I have to balance work, family, home maintenance tasks, and sleep, so get to play around 2-3 nights a week, and random hours on weekends.

I'm based in Auckland, and live a bit outside the city in a bush clad spot by the ocean. Great place to live, but unreliable internet connection until recently due to the isolated location. For this reason in the past I've shied away from online games where lag was an issue, but now that the connection has been upgraded (and will be upgraded further in coming months) I am keen to be more active with actual human in games.

Personally, I'm in my early 40's, and married with 2 school aged kids. I work full time with youth (and their families) with psychiatric issues in a community and hospital setting. Gaming is a nice distraction from all of this.

Currently I'm playing The Division 2 and keen to meet others to run missions with, and to get into raids. Other games I am interested in (or have spent large amounts of time playing) include Elite Dangerous, Far Cry and Fallout series, Metro Exodus, GTA, and Sniper Elite. I fondly remember the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games for their atmosphere and gun play, and Portal + Talos Principle for puzzle solving and abstract humor.

cheers
    Andrew

uplay: ender170
    steam: black_sky
    discord: ender170
    Timezone: GMT +12

2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Well.. I am totally shocked a Moose didn't point you here. I have been having a lot of trouble with him lately giving me thing to do, slaving away at the keyboard and such. Very tiring but we keep him around because the lounge is going to need recovering soon.

Anywho, welcome to TOG mate... careful of the wildlife :)

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

newfulla likes this.
  3. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member Officer

I lost the whip in 125+kph winds yesterday! Will instead have to use my hooves. Appreciate the efforts mate. Happy to do anything more I can to streamline the process within my authority as Officer if possible.

Fantastic! Prot is a very welcome addition to TOG recently, consider his friend a mate also;).

As Shrubbo cut and pasted :p there are a tonne of games to enjoy with the awesome community here with about 2000 discord users and a few hundred active at any given time you can’t go wrong However let’s be honest, we’ll get you sorted in Div 2 ASAP.

To do so, please follow steps 1, 2, 3 on this link:
    https://www.theoldergamers.com/thre...ivision-2-start-here-for-clan-invites.654482/ (only avail to those who have been approved as a tog member)

1, 2, 3... it’s easy as abc...

Ps. When updating the discord thread they need the numbers on end inclusive to find you

newfulla and Shrubbo like this.
  4. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

One of the best intro's ever, not that I'm bias in anyway... :p

Welcome to TOG @ender170 :)

Go the All Blacks !!!!!

Shrubbo likes this.
  5. ender170

ender170 Getting Started

Thanks, much appreciated

newfulla and Shrubbo like this.