Looking to Join TOG / CoD

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Creed, May 9, 2005.

1. Creed

Creed Just Joined

I'd only just purchased CoD a few days ago (sorry I didn't buy United Offensive just yet). Although I'm new to first person shooters, I'm no stranger of online gaming; your policies are exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for in a group (as I get annoyed at smart mouthed kids who'd never dream of saying to me in person what they get away with online).

I'm 42 (so I passed 25 yrs of age about 17 yrs ago - about the same age as my oldest son, by the strangest coincidence). I'm not so much interested in playing in league play or sanctioned matches as much as I'm just a person that likes to play the game with others that happen to share many of the same views.

Thanks in advance for your considering my request to join.

PS - Did I mention that I've read the FAQ and AUP and understand them both and agree to abide by them always (so help me God?) :D

2. Creed

Creed Just Joined

Apologies

Sorry to trouble you fellers - I'd like to go ahead and rescind my request. I think I'll need much more practice before asking to join - you've got a good group of excellent players and I'm not in the same caliber. If an admin could please go ahead and remove my profile, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks though for referring me to the website. You guys are really well organized.

3. GEEZA

GEEZA Retired Advisor

Hey Creed, Just seen your request...

MATE!!! you are what we're looking for.

We're not a ability group...We've got a squad that plays just for fun. This sounds like what you need. We've got dedicated gaming servers where you'll always be welcome and Team Speak where you can talk while gaming with us. Reconsider and come in and have a look before deciding to call it off.

If you want any more info or just want to say hi...You can email me on lee@grafficjam.com.au or Personal message me by clicking on the PM box under my signature.

4. ContraVersE

ContraVersE Retired Captain

Welcome to TOG!
    You'll fit right in!
    Get that silly talk of not being good enough out of your head. League play is optional, and we have many players that simply get together to have fun, and that's it. No matches, no commitments.

I notice you never filled out where you're from, but my guess is from the U.S. We have two Australian servers: one CoD and one UO, and we have three American servers: one CoD, one UO, and one Rifles Only UO.

My point is, there is always something for everyone there. You are going to have a great time in TOG, and I hope to see you on one of the servers, soon. :wink:

Cheers,
    Contra - CoD Division Captain

5. Chesty

Chesty Well-Known Member

Please, please dont get scared off. There is every type of player here you can imagine. And the age thing - you fall right into the average.

Please - once the admin weenies have waived their wand - follow them to where they suggest and I bet you will enjoy your first real TOG experience.

6. Chesty

Chesty Well-Known Member

Please, please dont get scared off. There is every type of player here you can imagine. And the age thing - you fall right into the average.

Please - once the admin weenies have waived their wand - follow them to where they suggest and I bet you will enjoy your first real TOG experience.

7. Pedro_de_BanDiT

Pedro_de_BanDiT Active Member

Hey Creed

You're being way too hard on yourself mate.

See the guy who first got back to you, 'Geeza', well... keep this quiet if you don't mind buddy, but even though he's the division Captain, he couldn't hit the side of a barn! I mean he's a great old guy, just never stand in front of him in a firefight if you get my drift...

What I'm saying is, skill is not a factor here mate, it's all for fun... so what do ya say?

8. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

G'day mate, echo the sentiments above and apart from that you're still a tad younger than some :wink: :lol:

TOG is all about FUN mate. I love playing games with this mob even though I really am bloody hopeless. :lol: Come on in, the water's fine. :wink:

9. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hiya mate! Well, you're a member now so there .... :D

You should now have access to the private forums. Enjoy :D

10. touchwood

touchwood Well-Known Member

:D No way you are getting out of it mate..........you belong to TOG now, so welcome and have fun........ :D

11. ParrotHead

ParrotHead Well-Known Member

GOOD enough??!! Pffttt...silly talk!

12. Creed

Creed Just Joined

I just happened to check the forums this AM - and thanks for the encouragement. If you're sure a n00b won't bring you down any, I'd like to join your band of merry men and women :)

Is there something else in particular I need to do in order to be assigned to the right group? Or are there any required downloads I have to have (aside from teamspeak)? And where/how in the world do you get those cool forum signature blocks like that? Is there someone in TOG that can do that sort of thing?

13. Snowman

Snowman Getting Started

Creed! Welcome Champ! In our books, everyone is a champ! Just signing up to be a TOGGER can be scary, but I totally assure you that this 58 yr old coot can fight with the best of them. But, just remember, the TOGGER way is to "shoot 'em in the back". :lol: :lol:

14. WeaselSuit

WeaselSuit Getting Started

Hi Creed! Ability? Good Enough? You will fit right in and don't worry about looking like a noob. We all started there. (some of us are still there)

15. Bumbee

Bumbee Retired Administrator

Hey Creed, Just jump on down to the Pentagon if you are in the US or the Breifing Room if you are NZ, AU. As far as the siggo, there will be a post in each one to get ya started. Just look for the post that says info for new members. Welcome to TOG!

16. FeZza

FeZza Well-Known Member

Hi Creed!! Glad yer stickin' around M8!! This place is full of perpetual n00Bs, we just don't let on :lol: . There is no such thing as skill based gaming within TOG regardless what game you play. Strictly fun M8!!

So jump into a server and onto Teamspeak & get stuck in!! you won't ever regret it. At least, this 45YO CoDer never will! :wink:

17. OldDeadhead

OldDeadhead Retired Captain

Creed, obviously you haven't seen me play yet :cry: This is right out of Mirriam Webster Dictionary

One entry found for unskilled.

Main Entry: unĀ·skilled
    Pronunciation: -'skild
    Function: adjective
    1 : not skilled in a branch of work : lacking technical training <an unskilled worker>
    2 : not requiring skill <unskilled jobs>
    3 : marked by lack of skill <produced unskilled poems>
    4 : TOG OldDeadhead

Welcome aboard M8

18. Joe_Black

Joe_Black Active Member

Welcome Creed.

You should know that TOG wouldn't exist if we all worried about being good enough :oops: If you're in the US or Canada and need help getting started, feel free to PM me and I'll steer you right :D

19. Monger

Monger Active Member

Greetings and welcome to TOG!

20. ParrotHead

ParrotHead Well-Known Member

You know Koot doesn't like it when you talk behind his back...