[DONE] Looking to join up in FF XIV and New World.

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Phynix71, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Phynix71

Phynix71 Getting Started

Hi, I often go by the name Phynix in game. I am an Ex WoW player who now is casually playing FF XIV and looking at getting into New World. I have been playing the beta and so far so good.
    I started gaming about 30 years ago on Amiga 500 then on PC (486 DX 50). I also occasionally play on the XBOX and PS4 (have not got a PS5 yet).
    Looking to join TOG to meet mature players with similar interests. I don't mind having a beer as well.
    Hopefully to see you in game..

Rukus308, Shrubbo, Atrayo and 3 others like this.
  2. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hi Phynix71 and welcome.

I've got some excellent news...

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. You could already see this, the following is new)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From silly unicorns to horrific gun violence)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

:D

3. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Hi @Phynix71 and welcome to TOG mate. Wasn't the Amiga 500 a brilliant machine (in its time)!

4. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Cheers and welcome to TOG.

5. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Hello Phynix71,

Thanks for choosing The Older Gamers as your online community choice. We've been actively present since the year 2002 of Sony Online Entertainment Mmo's, Battlefield and Call of Duty franchise like maniacs.

I'm Atrayo currently the beta guild leader of New World Stateside and for Euros. We're currently playing on the North American East Coast shard of Olympus as the Covenant Faction.

Please familiarize yourself with our forum game community and gain access to our Discord voice chat server. Where the majority of our Aussie lunatics hang out, it'll feel like home or the pub sooner rather than later.

Cheers!

Rukus308, CAMMO, Monty and 2 others like this.
  6. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

"486" man some good memories there come to mind, Welcome aboard Phynix71 :D

Gilderan, CAMMO, Monty and 1 other person like this.
  7. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

I was reading through your introduction looking for that ray of light - that special something we could bond over and spend hours enjoying together...and there it was...beer!!!

Getting all moist at the thought of a 486...hey, just found one on Ebay in working order with windows 95 installed - I may be gone a while...

Good to see you Phynix71 - now, pass the beers around!

Speak soon, Mike

Rukus308 and Gilderan like this.